Facing The Past.

"Don't be here for me, I don't want it! I am never going to come back again, I have the one I always wanted!"

~one day later, palace's arena~

Cora's pov

"And three, two, one... Her Majesty Cora Petrov is the winner!" the speaker states and the crowd in front of me starts cheering.

I look at my opponent one last time and Cynthia smirks.

He is a vampire, one of the men that had circled Cora and guess what...

I made him regret the moment he was born! I mean it, I had full control of our fight all the time, he never had the opportunity to threaten me for real and the fight was quite short...

I am still in my lycan form but I have control and Cynthia has stepped back after the end of the fight. I bow slowly to the crowd and the lycans howl for my, well our victory and I turn around to bow again to the Kings and Queens on the stage.

Ivan is not there with them, he is waiting for me at my room next the arena. As my 'trainer' he has every right and I couldn't deny the fact that I needed him as closer as possible. I wanted him to be the first and last person I would see before and after the fight.

The King of the werewolf nods in approval and my aunt sends me a kiss smiling. The weird thing is that even the vampire's King and his Queen are smiling at me even though I won their contestant. They told me from the beginning that I had to fight with him and after the incident with Cora they have been supporting me.

"Her Majesty goes straight to the semi finals with her trainer, Ivan Konstantinof!" the speaker continues and the King signs for me that I can leave.

I bow one more time and I start walking to my room. I give a quick look to Rosa, Jose, Leo and Caleb and get in the room to find Ivan smiling in excitement yet relief.

"Well done love! Both of you did amazing!" he says and caresses my head with Cynthia purring.

I rub my head on his chest and he lets out a low laughter. I walk behind the changing curtains and I shift back to my human form immediately. I put on my underwear and its matched bra and then I continue with my black simple yet elegant dress that reaches my knees. I brush my hair quickly and then I do my makeup in front of the small mirror there is. In the end I put on my pair of black high heels and get out to run straight into Ivan's arms.

"It was your best time!" he whispers and kisses my forehead.

"I think there was a reason and I had the one I wanted next to me!" I say smirking and pull him closer for a kiss but his worried expression makes me stop.

Yeah, I had forgotten about it but apparently he didn't!

"Can you calm down and be more optimistic, please?" I say nervously and he sighs.

"I can come with you! Don't you think it will be better?" he says forcing an innocent smile and I groan.

"We have talked about it so many times baby! He agreed but I have to go alone!" I say for the tenth time since last night.

"But what if he tries to do something? I don't trust him!"

"Ivan baby... I don't trust him either and you know it! And this is why I am going to meet him at Rosana and Mischa's restaurant! Their parents will be there, you know that their father is going to kill him if he tries anything, well... If I don't kill him first! Don't worry, trust me!" I say capping his face and placing a kiss on his lips.

"Cora!" Owen says getting inside the room with my father behind him.

"Oh, hi!" I say forcing a smile and they come and kiss me smiling.