Prologue

Hello everyone! Welcome to my new series! Got more than a few books after this one, so stay tuned! 

*Chapters will come kind of slow*

Enjoy!

<><><><><><><>

Pres' POV

My father was one of the most irresponsible men I'd ever met.

He had spent over thirty years acting as president of the Fallen Angels Motorcycle Club, and towards the end, he became lazy. I grew up watching the strong man that was my father rule the club with an iron fist, but for some reason, at a certain point, he just...stopped caring.

Club businesses and club property went unchecked, and the club lost a lot of money. My father did nothing to comfort the men who had given their lives to this club, and soon enough it started to crash completely.

Robert, my father and the President of the Fallen Angels MC, decided it would be best to hand the presidency to me when the club hit rock bottom. He relaxed to the side and simply watched me try my best to clean his mess up.

It turned out to be so much worse than anyone had thought, and it took three years of me being in power for us to even be close to finishing.

During those three years I was able to gain more respect from the club than my father in all his years combined. My Vice President, Torch, was a huge help. He'd even had a young daughter along the way but was still there for the club whenever it was needed.

"You ready, Pres?" Torch asked. I glanced around to make sure everyone I'd asked for was there, then nodded. We were about to head out on a typical property check. We had forty seven left to go, and it was a relief to be closer towards the end. The whole club was excited to be able to move on to something else.

"We ride!" I shouted. My bike revved first and everyone else followed behind me. It would be a half hour before we arrived.

"Torch, Rooster, Reaper," I named once we arrived, "you're with me." Two more men stayed outside with the bikes. I knocked on the door, and had to knock twice more before it opened.

"I'm so sorry," said a small woman in a towel, "I was in the shower. Come in, come in."

Ms. Waterton was an old lady of one of the men in the club up until about four or five years ago. Her husband passed away while on a job and she decided to move out of the club house. My father hadn't checked on her since then.

We entered her home and I looked anywhere but her. The towel wasn't doing the best job of covering her body.

"Go change," I muttered, pointing down a hall to where I assumed her bathroom was. She nodded, embarrassed, and raced towards where I'd pointed. Reaper chuckled behind me and sat down on a soft, brown couch and put his feet up on the coffee table.

I kicked his feet off and they thumped down, followed by a scowl from him in my direction. I quickly corrected him with a glare and he stood up.

"Take a seat...How can I help you, Rider?" She asked, returning in a pair of blue jeans and a light green shirt. I sat on the couch across from her and leaned forward until my elbows were on my knees.

"I would like to formally apologize, Ms. Waterton, for the loss of your husband and the way my father treated you," I murmured. Tears filled her eyes and once she sniffled, Rooster was quick to hand her a tissue.