Epilogue

This epilogue is short because I am SO excited to write Torch's story! It will be up later today. :)

********

"Hey, Queenie. What're you up to?"

Maya pulled her hair up into a ponytail and gazed at my bike. Rooster had walked up and was looking at her in confusion.

"She's debating whether or not she wants to learn to ride a bike," I whispered loudly to him. Maya threw her elbow back into my gut as hard as she could.

Shit! That would bruise.

"I know how to ride a bike," she scowled at me. "It's just been a while."

"How long?" Reaper asked.

"Like sixth grade," Maya grumbled. My eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"You were riding bikes in sixth grade? You can't get your license until you're fifteen!" I stammered in surprise.

"Oh you meant—oh my god, I'm so embarrassed. I've never ridden a motorcycle," Maya covered her face with her hands. Rooster about fell over laughing while I tried to get Maya to move her hands.

"Are you sure you want to try?" I asked her quietly. She nodded her head yes but shook it no three seconds later. "We'll talk about it some other time."

"Have fun at work, Queenie," Rooster taunted. Maya had opened up the office in her house to people who couldn't really pay for a lawyer, but desperately needed one. She had been extremely busy the past couple weeks.

"Let me know if you need anything," I muttered to her. She smiled, kissed me, then moved back to her house.

Maya had a court appointment tomorrow, so she needed to get good sleep tonight, but she was exhausted by the time dinner rolled around. She joined me at the bar, downed half a bottle of beer, and passed out against me before I could get any food in her.

She was up early, at six o'clock in the morning, and sipping her warm coffee with tired eyes. I leaned forward to kiss her.

"You need to eat breakfast," I murmured quietly. She scratched her head and nodded tiredly. I cooked her some eggs and toast quickly and watched her wolf it down.

"I'll see you for lunch," Maya smiled. "Go back to bed." I made sure she got in her car and drove away safely before climbing back into our warm bed.

When I woke up next it was almost lunch time and I cursed at the fact that I'd slept in. When I made it to the clubhouse Laura was sitting on the barstools under the island, swinging her legs back and forth.

I walked behind her and rubbed my hand all over the top of her head.

"Stop! Damnit, Pres, my hair took me so long this morning," Laura muttered. I looked at Blade on the other side of the island who shrugged.

"Maya back yet?"

"No, said something about staying late," Ripper muttered, looking like he just woke up as well. "She just texted me."

"Alright," I sighed. I moved to my own office to do paperwork. All of the club's businesses had been busy, which was great, but it was hell for someone who hated paperwork.

Tax season was coming up, too.

"Knock knock," Maya entered with a smile. I immediately smiled back and pushed myself away from my desk, glad to have a distraction.

"How'd it go?" I asked after giving her a kiss.

"Good. I'm going to take a nap. Want to join?" She murmured against my lips. My lap stirred and I stood up with her in my arms.

"Nope. Sit down," Torch came in the office with Tori in his arms.

Maya pouted and dropped out of my hold. I flopped myself back in my chair.

"Has he signed all of the paychecks yet?" Torch asked. I crossed my arms and pouted, but smiled when Tori came running over.

I pouted again when Tori crashed into Maya's arms, not mine.

"We're going to go have some lunch, huh?" Maya tickled Tori. "I have a lunch date, Mike, so if you'll excuse me—let's go Tori!"

I rushed to sign the rest of the paychecks and met them outside just as lunch was being served. My club was gathered around, talking, smiling, eating...I was proud of myself, proud of my club, and especially proud of my Queenie.

I was ready for the rest of our lives.

********

I can't believe this is the end of Maya and Mike's story! You'll definitely see them in other books, though, so hopefully you won't miss them too much.

Thank you so much for reading!