Chapter 11

Things are about to get good...as if they haven't already ;).

********

I pulled out a cigarette and thought about it for a second.

It had been about a month since Ripper started helping out at the garage, and it was another checkup day. I was considering letting him off the garage early, but it was difficult. I wanted to give him more time between the trial and making deliveries again.

Ripper wasn't showing any fear of getting back to the deliveries...though, he did finally give up on begging me to let him leave.

Everything had just remained as a constant monotone since the trial.

I mounted my bike and rode the short distance to Rider's Garage. Ripper was sitting at the front desk filing papers and looked up when he heard the jingle of the bells on top of the door. They helped Rampage to tell if someone was coming or going.

"How can I—oh, hi Pres. What're you up to?"

"The usual monthly checks, Ripper. Did Rampage leave the paperwork in the back?"

"Uh, no," Ripper's face changed into a nervous one, "he set it out here...um...just give me a second."

The desk was clearly cluttered, probably the reason he was filing, so I gave him a few minutes to fish out the paperwork in a dark green file-folder. He handed it to me, panting as if he'd just run a mile.

"I'll be in the back," I told him. I walked behind the counter and to the little office I had become so familiar with. I was back on my roll with this one, taking only about an hour and a half before I was finished.

"Tell Ramp I said thanks," I plopped the folder onto Ripper's counter and started putting my jacket back over my cut. That was another thing that changed when I became president. We wore jackets when we rode, to protect us if we fell off.

Ripper's jacket was totaled, but his arm hadn't been skinned completely. No one really complained about wearing the jackets.

The bells above the door jingled and I turned away from Ripper to see his boyfriend come through the door.

"Hey baby," Reaper smirked and walked behind the counter, laying a kiss on Ripper's lips. I crossed my arms and glared at both of them.

"What're you up to?" Ripper asked, smiling up at him from his chair.

"Loving on my baby," Reaper put his head in Ripper's ticklish neck. Ripper immediately started laughing and pushing at him. The door to the garage that was usually open was shut abruptly, and I made eye contact with a seething Rampage through the window.

His name was Rampage for a reason. We tried not to make him mad.

"Ripper take the rest of the day off. Reaper, if I see you not doing your job again I'm going to punch you so hard you won't remember who Ripper is," I seethed. I didn't need Rampage trashing the entire garage.

Ripper looked up at me with wide eyes and then looked at Rampage through the window.

"Let's go," he rushed, grabbing Reaper's hand and rushing out of the building. Rampage probably just wanted his own space, so I guess I would be pulling Ripper out of the garage faster than I thought.

"Reaper," I called as the boyfriends mounted their individual bikes, "I'm serious. Stop distracting him."

Reaper's face hardened and he nodded before letting Ripper peel out of the parking lot first, then taking off after him. When I got back to the clubhouse Maya was in the fridge again. I'd lost count of how many groceries we'd bought since she got here.