Chapter 24

Hello! I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Trigger warning: mentions of assault.

********

"I was twelve years old, enjoying middle school," Maya began.

We'd moved up to my room and were lying in bed. I wrapped my hands around her, kissed her head, and tried to prepare myself for what could come out of this story.

"I'd just gotten home from hanging out with some friends. Mom and dad weren't there...they were at the club, partying away."

"I was used to it. I'd been there during parties sometimes, and mom and dad wouldn't get drunk when I was there, and I think I had a question about homework or something...

So I went to the party and before I could find my parents this guy grabbed me," Maya swallowed. I tightened my arms around her.

"He was in of the club, so he knew the clubhouse, and he took me to a corner. He only touched me a little before someone saw. My dad went crazy on him."

"I'm so sorry," I whispered to her. She kissed my cheek.

"I don't want to make you upset with this next part—um," Maya pulled her hand away from me.

"What? Hey, come back," I pulled her to me. She relaxed into me and tucked her head underneath my chin.

"Your dad punished my father. Put him on probation, stripped him of his patch for a week and told him to get out...I wasn't able to see him for that whole week," Maya sniffled.

I clenched my eyes shut and wished I could turn back time. I knew my father was a fuck-up, but I didn't know it had gotten this bad.

"I am so, so sorry Maya. I'm so sorry, baby. If I had known—"

"You were what, 15? You wouldn't have been able to control it," she whispered. "I convinced my mom to send me to boarding school, and I went to college out of state. My roommate was from Dallas, so that's where I ended up."

"I'm glad you're here," I whispered. "What happened to the piece of shit?"

"He left eventually. My dad chased him out of town more than a decade ago," she answered.

"I'm going to kill him," I murmured and held her tighter. She kissed my neck, then sucked right below my chin, and I gripped her hair tighter.

"I want you to fuck me," she whispered in my ear. I looked at my watch and used my other hand fist my hand in her hair and pull her away from my neck.

"We don't have time," I whispered back. She frowned.

"And what the hell do you have to do?" Maya said louder.

"Monthly business checks," I murmured. "You've been distracting me in the best way possible, but it has to get done."

"Can I come?"

"Yeah, 'course. Let's go to the bar first, then we'll head to the garage," I stood up and pulled on my cut.

Ripper greeted us at the desk right as Rampage walked through the side door.

"It's in the back," Rampage muttered. I nodded and pulled Maya to the back office. She greeted Ripper quickly and glanced around the office.

"Hm," she muttered. I sat down and opened the manila folder lying on the desk.