Chapter 7

Hello! Another chapter, and this is really where shit gets serious. I have no idea about lawyer vocabulary or work, so I did some research but please let me know if I need to do more or if there are any mistakes!

I hope you guys enjoy.

<><><><><><>

"Let's go to my office, we can talk about this more."

I needed her to fully explain. I wasn't stupid, but I had to make sure she meant what she just said. We made it to my office a few minutes later and she saw down with a loud huff of breath.

"Explain in more detail," I demanded.

"Have you had any trouble with the police, Campbell? You or anyone in your club? Ripper?"

"Are you kidding? Our entire club is disliked by the law for obvious reasons."

"I'm almost positive that the police went after Ripper on purpose, Comp is running a few plates for me, but it should come back to an undercover police car...they probably they thought they could hide everything on the scene." Maya said, writing all her ideas down.

"Damn it," I hit the top of my desk, "this is going to make things a lot harder."

A week later, Maya was able to get Ripper out for a few days. She saw the judge and explained what happened and came out to the car with Ripper. I stepped out of the driver's seat and shook his hand, then pulled him into a hug.

He looked good, minus a split lip and a bruise fading on his cheek. Reaper was not going to be happy about that.

"It's good to see you," I said, releasing him. Maya turned to him and shook his hand. "Let's get in the car." I didn't want anyone to overhear anything.

"I'm Maya, your lawyer," she introduced herself with a smile.

"It's nice to meet you, Maya," he smiled. "Thank you so much for doing this."

"It's not problem at all! I'm here to help," she said quietly.

"We haven't told Reaper that you're coming home today," I said with a grin, looking at him through the rearview mirror.

"I know that he'll be very excited to see you, but I'm going to need to spend the majority of the day talking and asking you questions."

"Oh, he'll be fine," Ripper laughed. It was a fairly quick drive home and my men greeted Ripper with smiles and handshakes, happy to see him back. Reaper was in the kitchen talking to Rooster when we made it inside.

"Babe?" Ripper called out, a smile on his face. Reaper looked over and we all laughed as his jaw dropped. He ran full speed at his boyfriend and connected with him in a hug so hard they both almost fell over.

I looked away when I heard the sniffles. Crying was one thing but hearing one of my men cry was entirely different. If Ripper wasn't there to comfort him, I would change my actions, but for now, I was going to give them their privacy.

Maya followed me into the living space, full of couches and chairs and a large tv for everyone to see.

"That was sweet," she said with a smile, "I'm glad I was able to help."

"You're still helping, and we're very thankful," I reminded. It was true—no one, even from states over, would represent us because word got around. We had people in places...law enforcement, EMTs, etc., but the only thing that could help us in this case was a lawyer.