Chapter 14

(Y/N) Your Name
————————————————————————
I felt myself suddenly release tension I didn't know I was holding when Spider-Man left the Zales building.

     "Well, I'd say that was a success." Dr. Hawkins chirped as he collected the now empty plates. "He did a great job, gotta hand it to the guy."

I crossed my arms and sighed. "He scared me."

     "Aww, look at you." Dr. Hawkins said, rubbing my head. "Someone's got the spider on their mind."

My face heated up and I buried it in my hands. "Dr. Hawkinsss."

     "I'll stop teasing you when you start calling me Jim." He joked before walking back to the kitchen.

I leaned back into the couch, calling to him from there. "Well ya know, you worked for that title, I might as well use it right?"

Dr. Hawkins laughed. "I guess you're right kid."

I sighed and stood up, walking to the kitchen to sit on a stool at the island. The dishes were now placed in the washer, and Dr. Hawkins sat next to me. I watched the second hand on his watch tick by as we sat in silence.

      "... Say, do you like (favorite pastry?"

I turned to him. "I love (favorite pastry)."

     "I know a great place in Little Italy, they sell handmade pastries. What do you say?"

I grinned. "Oh Jim, you already know what I say."
————————————————————————
It was a brisk and busy night. Cars drove idly by and I could hear people talking and laughing from the restaurants next door.

      "How's your (favorite pastry)?" Asked Dr. Hawkins, taking a spoonful of cheesecake.

     "It's great. New York is actually really cool." I decided, taking a bite of my own dessert.

Dr. Hawkins finished off his cheesecake and sighed. "It would be irresponsible of me as a doctor to get more... but I want more." He said pulling out his wallet. "Can you go inside and get me a whole 10 inch? I'll take it to my coworkers tomorrow."

I nodded of course and reached out to grab the $50. As I did so, a man ran by in a flash. In a blink, the money was gone.

"What.... what just...?" I frantically watched the man run down the street, then whipped back to Dr. Hawkins who was looking back in the direction he came. "We have to do something!"

"Well..."

"How are you being so calm about this?!" I cried before running after the man.

"(Y/N), wait!" I heard Dr. Hawkins yell out after me, but I couldn't just let the man run free.

I dodged men on their bicycles, women with shopping bags and teens in groups. "Thief!" I'd shout, with no one stopping to help.

Suddenly, the thief was stopped by an invisible force pulling him backwards and down. I stopped dead in my tracks behind him, noticing a sticky web substance sticking him to the ground. My heart rose to my throat as I heard his voice behind me.

"Found you! You must be pretty bored to be playing hide and seek with me." Spider-Man walked past me to the thief, taking he money from him. "Don't worry, you won't be bored much longer. I'm sure the cops will have fun with you buddy."

"Spider-Man!" I cried.

He turned to face me. "(Y/N)!"

"So that's why Dr. Hawkins wasn't worried." I smiled. "I was really questioning him."