Chapter 15

(Y/N) Your Name
————————————————————————
"Bye (Y/N)! I have a feeling we'll meet again soon!"

I couldn't stop thinking about what Spider-Man had told me that day. He said we would meet again soon, but it had been a week since then. Not only have I not seen Spider-Man,  but Peter had been blowing me off.

It was a pupil free day, so I didn't have to go to school. However it looked like I might as well have because Ned was busy today and Peter... well I didn't expect him to text anytime soon.

     "(Y/N)! Any plans?" Asked Dr. Hawkins while getting ready for work.

I sighed, looking back from the tv. "Doesn't look like it, Doctor."

     "Jim." He warned.

     "Gesundheit." I replied.

Dr. Hawkins smiled and grabbed the remote, changing it from (streaming platform) to the news.

I feigned a frown. "Whyyy?"

     "New York is scary." He said, putting on his white coat while looking at the tv. "We need to be informed."

I looked back at the tv. "Well it doesn't look very scary. See, they're just talking about Octavius Industries tech."

We both stared at the tv as an older man holding some sort of headband was being interviewed by reporters.

     "This new technology is groundbreaking for prosthetics." He explained, his grin unbreakable. "It would be like you never lost anything at all. And the usage is so simple, we've even been able to start something for infants and toddlers with birth defects."

     "It's great news." The reporter went on. "Dr. Otto Octavius will be recognized for his hard work at a banquet next Saturday in Uptown Manhattan."

     "Hey, that's where we are." I said smiling. "Pretty cool."

The camera panned to show a few labs in the building. Suddenly, a janitor in the back of one of them turned around to wave at Dr. Otto as he toured his labs.

My heart dropped to my stomach.

     "Oh my gosh." I said, eyes wide. Dr. H grabbed the remote and paused the clip.

It was Ryan.

     "This is the juvenile you've redeemed, correct?" Asked the reporter. Dr. Hawkins had continued the clip.

Dr. Octavius nodded. "This is Ryan Wilson, he's currently just a janitor. However I believe in second chances and I will be vouching for him to find better job opportunities." He said. "I know high school is rough on some kids, and decision are made in the heat of anger and passion."

"Rough? Rough?!" Dr. Hawkins stood up, outraged. "This is ridiculous. Why wasn't I contacted?"

I sat in silence. This was not a good day. Dr. Hawkins looked at his watch and groaned.

"I gotta go kiddo. Listen, stay home. If you're gonna go out, ask Peter to go with you please. Don't be by yourself." He said, rubbing my back before leaving.

I continued to sit. I wasn't quite sure what just happened, or how I should handle it.

On one side, his life was no longer ruined. I didn't feel like I just took away someone's entire chance at happiness.

On the other side, what if he came back? What if he hurts someone else? What if he wants revenge?

Suddenly a rush of emotion came over me. I stood up, and did everything I could to remove the feeling of being a sitting duck. I ran to the front door, and once seeing it locked ran to the windows to close all the curtains.

I was terrified to say the least.

I then ran to my room, locked the door and hid under my covers. I had my phone in hand, and of course the first thing to come to mind was to tell Ned and Peter what had just happened.

But I remembered that neither had been talking to me. I swallowed before deciding on something safer.

My fingers trembled as I sent a text to Peter, which had recently been a few unanswered messages from me.

      Do you maybe wanna hang out? No school.

I closed my eyes, feeling the blanket against my cheeks as I tried not to think about the obvious. Suddenly my phone vibrated.

      Yeah

I widened my eyes. Peter actually responded.

     12 at Tarjot? I can get video games.

     Ok, see you there.

I smiled faintly, for some reason feeling so much safer. I pulled the blanket away and walked into my huge closet to decide on what to wear.
————————————————————————
      "I can see her, right Karen?" Peter asked his suit as he swung though Chinatown on his way uptown. "I mean I've only been avoiding her all week, one day won't hurt. She's safe. Right?"

     "I am not inclined to advise in romantic relationship." The voice responded. "It is now 11:55, you have five minutes until you must arrive at Tarjot."

     "Yeah, I'll make it in plenty of time." Peter smiled. "I can't wait to see her Karen. I've really missed her, it's been really hard."

As time swung by, so did Peter. He could see the building, as well as (Y/N) standing outside.

    "Oh crap, she's gonna see me." Peter mumbled, trying to turn a street and looking for somewhere to change.

(Y/N) did indeed see him. She waved at him, yelling out. "Spider-Man! Hi!"

     "Uhhh... nothing to see here!" Peter cried as he disappeared down the other street.

He sighed, "Karen what time is it?"

     "12:05."

     "Ok, not too bad—"

Suddenly, a giant object flew at Peter. It missed his head but hit his arm. His concentration broke and the rock sent him barreling into the ground. New Yorkers stopped and watched as Peter groaned and stood up. He looked around, and spotted a figure dressed all in black running in the opposite direction.

     "Hey! Was that you?" Peter cried. The figure ran faster.

Peter quickly swung towards the figure, worried about what just happened. He followed him down a few more streets, and into a dead end alleyway.

     "Karen," Peter panted, taking a minute to regroup. "Where did he go?"

    '"He is right behind you."

Peter jumped forwards, only to feel someone land on top of him and punch him right in the jaw. He threw him off and hopped to his feet, squaring up for a fight. However the figure was gone.

"Karen, you see anything?"

"Detecting no warmth in the area."

Peter frowned, incredibly confused. "What was that about then?"

"I'm unsure, Mister Parker."

He sighed before realizing he had somewhere to be. "Oh no, what time is it?"

"12:30."

"Crap." Peter said, running into a swing back towards the Tarjot.

Meanwhile, back in the alleyway a young man wearing a heat resistant jacket sat behind a trashcan, watching on his tablet as the tracker he had pinned on Spider-Man's suit went off in the same direction he had moments before.