-4-

Just did some minor editing, please ignore

______________

JAKE

"Jake, I don't think this is safe," Sherry speaks up as we walk along the rusty bridge.

"Our job isn't safe, Sher, this is literally nothing compared to what we went through before." I replied, "Besides if this wasn't sturdy it would've crashed by now."

"Don't say stuff like that! Jeez."

"Okay, Supergirl, I'm sorry. didn't know a rusty bridge is what would make you scared."

She didn't say anything after that.

We're currently on a mission here in Rome. Were at this really messed up, sparsely populated part of Rome that I never thought existed.

I mean, they didn't show this on t.v. or tabloids, right?

If I'm being serious though, something doesn't feel right, this place feels so off.

It's too quiet, and I could feel someone's eyes on us.

"We should probably hurry, I don't think this bridge is going to last much longer," Sherry says as the bridge gently sways because of the strong wind.

"Yeah, good call." We both walked faster toward the end of the bridge and made it there in one piece. I looked back and saw some of the floorings of the bridge slowly cracking.

"How long until we get there?" I turn to sherry. She pulls out her phone and checks.

"It says here it's about five hundred meters, we're almost there."

"Thank fuck, now we can get that sample as soon as possible and then we can get the hell out of here."

We both began to walk deeper in the forest, I was a step ahead of Sherry, my gun ready just-in-case something bad happens.

We've been in this place for three days now, barely any food to eat barely slept, and my skin feels like it can trap a fly.

I really can't wait to get this over with.

Gotta give it credit, though, this is one of the easiest missions I've ever had. So fat I hadn't wasted any bullets yet.

"So, how's Sapphire?" Sherry asks as we walked along a trail.

"She's fine, I try talking to her as much as I can. Why?"

"Nothing, just curious. She's going to Uni, now, right? In Seattle?"

"Yeah, she is. She studying that thing with Viruses."

"Micro-biology? Huh, that's nice." She says. "How about you? Don't you have any plans for college?"

I scoffed, "That life isn't for me. I don't like doing those kinds of stuff. It's too boring."

Sherry, Sherry, Sherry... always been a curious little thing, aren't ya? Always so eager to know so much about something... or someone. But there's this tiny part in my head that's hoping it's just for me, that she just really wants to get to know me better.

I don't know what the hell this girl is doing to me, making me feel all giddy and shit whenever she's there. This isn't me. I'm never like this. My entire life I only cared about my Mom and Sapphire. And then one day this tiny, blue-eyed, blonde Tinkerbell just adds herself in the picture.

"How'd you know if you haven't tried it, yet?" She retorts.

"I don't want to try it, where I'm at right now is fine with me." Here. With you.

We were both quiet after that.

After what seemed like forever, we made it to the area. It was a run-down building, the windows and doors were broken, and a bunch of vines was growing on the walls of it.

"Are you sure that this is the place?" I turn to Sherry. "It looks like no one's been here for ages."

"This is where the tablet is pinpointing at." Was her reply. "Who knows, maybe this is just a cover. Come on, we don't have time to waste." She hurries inside and I quickly follow behind her.

The inside of the two-story building was empty, and the only source of light came from the broken windows. I looked around, trying to find something, a door, or an underground entrance of some sort.

But there's nothing here.

"I don't understand" Sherry speaks up, "HQ's location is never wrong. And they wouldn't give us the wrong one in the first place." She was looking for something on the tablet she was holding until it began to flicker seconds before shutting down.

"Oh no, your headquarters did not give you false info, you're at the right place, you two." A deep masculine voice echoes through the room. Sherry and I both raised our guns and aimed around.

"Who are you? Show yourself!" Sherry shouts.

"No need to be so hostile, Children." Footsteps echoed through the room. A guy steps out of the shadow, his blonde hair gelled back, and he was wearing sunglasses and an all-black suit.

"That's not possible." I looked at Sherry and shock was all over her face, and fear too. "You... You..."

"Sherry, who is this guy?" I asked, my gun still aimed at the man. She said something but I didn't catch it.

"What?"

She speaks up, "That's Albert Wesker... He's your father, Jake."