-11-

Sapphire

Something weird is happening to me. I looked at my reflection in the mirror in front of the bed I'm on. All of my bruises are gone, the cuts, my swollen eyes, they're just... okay now.

I don't know if I should be happy or not.

Something in my gut tells me something bad is about to happen.

Someone steps in the room and the smell of the food made my stomach grumble.

"What the fuck?" It was Dylan. I looked back at him and he was looking back at me with wide eyes. He nearly dropped the tray he was holding. He sets the tray he was holding on my beg and grabs a hold of my face, moving it side to side as he looked.

"How..." He checks my arms. "How is this possible?"

"I... I... I don't know! I'm... I'm just as freaked out as you are!" He looks at me while still having his grasp on my arms.

His face was just inches from mine, he was close enough for me to see every detail on his face. His long lashes, the freckles around his nose...

No, wait... What am I doing?

"Get off me!" I push him away. He staggers a few steps back but he manages to catch his balance.

"What is taking you so long? Boss wants her... down—what the fuck!?" Someone barges in the room and stops at the doorway when he sees me.

"No way... no fucking way" The guy walks towards me and immediately grabs my arm, checking it before harshly holding my face with one hand to look again. I slapped his hand away.

Why do these people think they can just handle me like that?

"I don't know what the hell happened but you know how Andrew is, he hates waiting. Bring her downstairs. Now." The guy who just barged in the room rants on before walking out of the room.

"C'mon, up—"He grabs my arm and pulls me from the bed.

"Ow! Hey!" I complained as he pulls me out of the room. "Let me go!"

He ignored my pleas and continued to practically drag me the entire time we walked.

Come to think of it, I couldn't help but feel a bit happy with what happened. Andrew wouldn't be happy seeing me okay. And who knows? It might even scare him a little. I could barely walk the last time I stepped out of the basement.