- 23 -

minor changes, please ignore (June 20, 2020)

-----------------------

It was dawn, the sky turning into a hue of blue and red while the winds became cooler. Being stuck in the house make me feel anxious, and I couldn't walk around the area alone. Jill was afraid something bad could happen. These people are sacrificing so much for me I couldn't... I couldn't understand why.

Why were they willing to give up a moment in their life for me? What was so important about me?

The wind suddenly got stronger as a loud noise came from above. I looked up and saw a chopper landing. Maybe it was Chris and his...

"...Jake?"

Sherry was next to him, they were walking towards me as the chopper went to lift itself back at the sky again. A lady was flying it, short black hair and a red top.

"Jake, oh my god." I quickly ran towards him and wrapped my arms around him.

He's alive... thank god he's alive.

I heard him chuckle as he wrapped his arms around me as well, "Well someone missed me."

"I thought I wasn't going to see you again." My voice cracked as my eyes got watery.

"C'mon, did'ya really think I'd leave you here all alone?" He asks and I shake my head. I pull away from him and so does he. I looked up at him and gasped in shock when I saw his eyes, they were cat-like, his iris a bright shade of orange with green specs around the slanted pupil.

"What the—" What happened to him?

"It's a long story."

"Sherry," I turn to her and she smiles at me. I hug her as well, telling her that it was good to see that she was safe. I pull away from her and lead the two of them back to the house.

"This is a nice place, Saph. Who's house is it?" Jake asked as he looked around.

"Mine."

"What?"

"It's a long story. Have a seat." I tell them as I sat on one of the leather couches. Jake and Sherry sat across me. The three of us talked about what happened, with me being kidnapped and the same thing happening to them. I wanted to tell him more, but I know how reckless Jake could be when he's angry.

What they went through was awful, and to think that it was Jake's father who did that to them was worse. Apparently Wesker gave Jake something that turned his eyes like that.

"Wesker's alive?" Jake and Sherry turned their heads to where Jill was. She was standing at the kitchen doorway. A look of shock was on her face. "How... that's not possible."

"It is, unfortunately," Sherry speaks up. "We were locked up in his lab for who knows how long. Luckily... someone got us out." Jake looks back at Sherry and holds her hand. She kindly smiles at him and He does the same.

Aww... seeing them look so lovingly at each other made me miss Piers... I hope he's okay. It's been a couple of days since he went back to the B.S.A.A.'s main headquarters.

"We have to tell Chris as soon as he gets back. This is bad..."

¤¤¤

"How did you lose him?" Albert was sitting on his desk, his hands folded together as he leaned on the table with his elbows. "You had one job, Crystal." He was calm as he spoke, but the look on his eyes said otherwise.

"I... I..."

"You... you?"

"I... I can fix this!"

"Oh, can you?" He snaps as he slams his hands on the desk as he got up from his seat. "How many times have you said that? You have reassured me countless times and you have failed in all of it!" She flinched at his tone but quickly composes herself.

"Father please..."

"I knew you weren't ready. You've failed so much I'm starting to think I've wasted all of my time with you." He huffs as he goes to get himself a glass of whiskey. He picks up the bottle from the tray it was sitting on and pours some on a glass. It hurt Crystal to think that was how her father felt about her. She had done everything for him, killed for him, stole for him but somehow one mistake was what it would only take for him to discredit all the things that she had successfully done.

"Get out! You're not going to do anything from now on. I shouldn't have let you meddle in my work in the first place."

"...Father, please."

"My child... you disappoint me." He spits out. "Get out before I lose the last bit of patience I have. Now!" Crystal holds back the tears brimming in her eyes and walks out of his study room with teary eyes.