- 29 -

SAPPHIRE

It was another long hall and the rooms next to us were filled with those skin-less monsters from earlier. Some were crawling onto the glass, their claws causing it to have cracks on its surface. We cautiously walked towards the elevator at the end of the hall. I couldn't stop thinking about the poor kid from earlier.

They didn't deserve it... How can someone be so awful?

We walked through another door, Piers being careful with opening the door. It was another hall where you could see those same creatures. At the far end, I could see an elevator. We quickly and quietly headed there. I pressed a button and looked at the top where the floors were listed. The 'B1' lit up.

I let out a breath, "Seriously?" I mumbled.

It felt like hours until the elevator reached our floor. When the elevators opened, it made a loud 'ding' sound, making all of those monsters hisses and break through the glass. We quickly rushed inside the elevator and I repeatedly pressed on the close button in panic. Luckily the door closed before one of those things could get in with us.

I leaned back on the wall and pressed a button, the top one. It wasn't long when we arrived to the top floor. It was another empty room with a balcony a floor above us.

And on that balcony, two people stood. A girl who looked like Jake's age and a tall, blond guy. The girl, the man, and Jake all had the same eyes.

"It's good to know that you made it." The man speaks up. "Jake. And you must be Sapphire." The girl walks away from the balcony to an entrance behind them. Jake pulls me behind him and aims his gun at the man.

It was like the man teleported, one second he was at the top of the balcony and the next he was next to me. He pulled the rifle from Piers' grasp and kicked him, it sent him flying to the wall on our left. Jake was about to land a punch but the man caught it. Tham man flipped Jake on his back and landed a punch on his face.

Shit...

The man stared at me, his orange eyes glowing. I was about to take a step back but he held my arm and pulled me close to him. He took out something from his pocket and stabbed it on my arm. I flinched as I tried to pull away from him. He throws it somewhere and pushes me to the ground.

What the hell is happening to me? Everything was so loud, and my heart was thumping so loud it felt like it was going to leap out of my chest.

"What the hell did you do to me?" I gritted my teeth as I pushed my upper body from the floor. "What was that?" I got no answer. I looked around and saw Piers on the other side of the room, unconscious. I looked at Jake and he was fighting the man. I got up and went to Piers, pulling him close to me.

"Piers? Piers, wake up!" I shook him but he didn't move. I heard something crash, it was then followed by a 'clink' in the room, and then a bright flash of light came into my view.

Fuck! I hissed as I covered my eyes with my hands. It was then when I heard guns firing, and familiar voices shouting. I rubbed my eyes as it watered. I looked at Piers again and he was groaning. He opens his eyes and gasps when he sees me.

"What the..."

"What... why?" He shakes his head and gets up from the ground, picking his rifle as he did so. I got up as well and looked around. Jake was fighting the blonde guy, along with Chris and the rest. At one point Jake manages to pin him down and his eyes land on us, and yells. "GET HER OUT OF HERE!"