여덟 - 8

Once we arrived at the shopping centre, we all decided to go do some shopping then meet back at the bench in the middle at around six o'clock to then go grab some dinner. Before I knew it, everyone had already left to go do their own shopping leaving me alone with Yoongi. I awkwardly looked over at Yoongi, seeing him staring into space seeming like he was contemplating something.

"Hey, Yoon-" He walked off, "-gi..."

He just left me. I let out a soft sigh, knowing I was going to have to be by myself as usual.

"Go to the entrance where there's no cameras or people." I heard Han speak in my head.

Without questioning it, I walked to the entrance making sure that there were no cameras. After I tripled checked that there were no cameras or people around, Han appeared in front of me.

"So you're not alone. Everyone else can see me as well." He spoke, clearing my confusion.

"My knight in shining armour." I joked, making us both chuckle softly.

We headed to our first shop with light conversation between us. The shop we arrived at was a quaint little book shop with a small little cafe. It instantly felt welcoming, with the aroma of old books and sweet coffee lingering in the air from the customers who have been and gone. The only thing you could hear was the light turning of a page, mechanical whirring sounds from the coffee machine and the occasional chatter from outsiders that breached the walls of this tranquil sanctuary.

I walked over to the fiction section where it housed all of the older English books and screenplays. Gently brushing my finger over the tops of the books, a little pile of dust collected on my finger showing that the books hadn't been checked out for some time. I looked at all the spines of the books, recognising most of them having had spent most of my time in the library when I was younger.

I gently picked up a novel by an author called Charles Dickens. The novel was about a young boy, named Oliver, who escaped his abusive orphanage, living on the cold streets of London until another young boy finds him and takes him to his master, a middle-aged man that goes by the name of Fagin. Fagin then teaches the boy how to pickpocket for him, in exchange for bed and food. However, Fagin is not a nice man. He beats the children that work for him and send them off into dangerous places.

I had always felt a connection to the book, my life playing out in similar circumstances. The only difference is the ending. Oliver gets adopted by the family he was supposed to rob with another member of Fagins, which ran off once Oliver was shot. Whereas, in my tale nothing ends well. Everything ends up being taken away from me. Whether that be through death or fear.

I placed the book back down, not wanting to think about it anymore. Quickly walking away from that section and out of the shop with Han trailing behind.

"Hey! Wait up." Han spoke, letting his voice raise slightly.

I turned around, seeing that I had walked quite far away from in the rush to get far away from the book shop.

"Sorry." I spoke, looking down at my feet sheepishly.

"It's alright. Just don't do it again." Han replied. "I could have disappeared if you had gone any further. Remember, I'm linked to you."

I just nodded, linking my arm with his as we started walking away. I didn't want to chance him disappearing, so I made sure he was right beside me.

"Where do you want to go to now?" I asked Han, looking up to see his face.

He thought for a bit, before his face lit up. "We could go to the music shop, like we used to when we were younger." He suggested.

I nodded, then started to drag him by the arm, excited to go and look at all the instruments and to try them out.