41| ♙ |the woods

9/28/19
9:32 am

minho's parents had gone to work early in the morning, so it was just minho and jisung in the house for breakfast; cheesecake for jisung, and some kind of bland cereal for minho. they sat up on the barstools at the island, quiet as they watched the weather forecast on the news.

minho was the first to break the silence when the meteorologist said the weather was supposed to be beautiful all day. "what a relief. i was afraid it would have rained today or something."

jisung scoffed. "you're gonna jinx it, idiot."

minho simply shrugged. "doesn't really matter; i have a backup plan."

jisung frowned at him. "what is your plan for today, anyway?"

minho stood and walked over to the sink, rinsing out his bowl before putting it away in the dishwasher. "we're going on a little hike. there's a trail through the woods behind the house that leads to this cool little waterfall. chan and i used to go there all the time as kids, and i wanted to show it to you."

jisung gaped at him for a second, nearly melting on the spot. minho wanted to show him part of his childhood? he suddenly smiled, but looked down at his nearly-empty plate to hide it. "sounds cool."

"it really is."

when jisung was done with his second slice of cheesecake, minho grabbed a large bag he'd packed before breakfast, they each slipped on their sneakers, and out the back door they went.

the walk through the woods was relatively quiet. minho assured jisung that bears and wolves and other predators were extremely rare in their woods, and that the only animals they were likely to find were squirrels and chipmunks — "are they your long lost siblings, sungie?"

when they finally reached the waterfall after about a half an hour of walking on the rocky, uneven trail, jisung's eyes went wide in amazement — the waterfall was more than cool, it was absolutely amazing.

at the bottom of the small waterfall, there was a clear pool of water that trickled down into a second, smaller pool, and that one streamed into a third — it almost reminded him of the chakra pools in that one avatar: the last airbender episode. but the best part, was the concave wall minho pointed out beneath the rocky overhang of the first waterfall.

"this is amazing hyung. i cant believe you have something like this in your backyard."

minho laughed and slung his back pack off. "it's not really my backyard, sungie. but yeah, it is pretty cool, i guess."

"you guess? i'd kill to have something like this so close to my house."

minho hummed, and jisung watched as he pulled out an old-looking quilt and spread it out on a flat area of grass, kicking off his shoes and putting one on two of the corners. he instructed jisung to do the same and pulled out two towels, dropping them on the center of the blanket. he finally pulled out two water bottles, and then tossed the bag to the side.

jisung raised a brow at him. "i assume the towels mean we're going swimming?"

minho smirked. "yep."

"but we don't have swim trunks on."

minho shrugged. "you know skinny dipping is a thing, right?"