hurting

It had been two weeks since Luke died. Since heaven gained an angel. And Lili and Cole had never been so distant from each other. They barely talked, passing each other at set, in their apartment, not acknowledging each others presence. It was their own way of grieving, blocking everyone out. The pair sat on the couch in their apartment, each on a different side of the couch with a plate of dinner rested on their knees, the tv turned on just to fill the  unbearable silence. Lili looked over at Cole, seeing his bloodshot eyes. Of course she missed Luke, but he wasn't the only one she missed. She missed her boyfriend, who was seated so close to her. It had been so long, and they needed to be in each others embrace. To comfort each other. Lili moved her plate from her knees to the coffee table, kicking off her blanket and standing up, not even stirring Cole from his stare off with the tv. She walked towards him, grabbing his attention as she took his plate from him and sat in its place. She frowned, a small tear rolling down her cheek as she wrapped her arms around his torso, leaning into him for a hug. But he didn't hug back. He just sat there, sighing. Affection didn't seem to be his cure for grief, although it was most definitely Lilis. "Lili" He groaned, trying to pull her off of him. "im not in the mood. I'm hurting" he stood up off the couch, collecting both their plates and taking them to the kitchen. This was the first time Cole had denied a hug from Lili. Ever. It was like he didn't realize that he was the only one grieving. Everyone was. Especially Lili. "Did it ever occur to you that i'm hurting too?" she said, her voice cracking. "Did you ever think about the impact Luke's death has had on me?". Cole placed the plates in the sink, leaning onto his elbows and covering his face with his hands. "I get that you're hurting Cole, I really do, but so am I" She cried, gasping for air as she started to hyperventilate. She needed his embrace so much. Cole looked up from his hands and rushed over to her, cradling her head in his arms. "shhh" he said, rocking her back and fourth, pulling her in for a hug. A much needed hug. "I can't take the loneliness anymore" she mumbled into his shoulder, making Cole instantly feel guilty. He had been so distant. He pulled out of the hug, cupping her face with her hands and wiping the tears from her cheeks. "i am so sorry lil" he said. "we are going to be okay". She looked up at him and pulled in for a kiss. "i hope you're right". 

Hey guys. I'm sorry this is so short and kinda sad, but oh well. Sorry I haven't been updating, I've been really stuck and school is super stressful (who would've thought year 12 would be so hard oml) but anyway, thanks so much for 6k reads. Pleaseeeee leave some suggestions, i need more ideas :)