Chapter 18: Hayes

As that night approached I got more and more nervous. Honestly what did I have to be nervous about? Other than my brother walking in on us.
I sigh frustrated, throwing another shirt behind me. I hear a grunt.

"Why do you make things so complicated for me?" I ask assuming its Gilinsky.

"I don't know beautiful. Why do I?" I gasp hearing a famial voice that doesn't belong to Gilinsky. I turn to see a semi tall brunette pull my shirt off his head and grin at me.

"Hayes!" I cry out rushing forwards to hug my best friend. Hayes had moved away my freshman year and we've kept in touch but I haven't heard from him for a while.

"You've gotten taller." Hayes says pulling away to look at me.

"Well look at my bother." I grin. Hayes nods.

"How have you been?" He asks,

"Honestly....busy, its been an interesting summer." I sigh.

"Hey kenzie...." We turn to see Crawford, who immediately grins seeing Hayes.

"Dude!" Crawford says doing his guy handshake with Hayes.

"How you been?" Hayes asks him.

"Busy." Crawford sighs,

"I have a feeling you both have a lot to tell me." Hayes says. I nod.

We spend the next hour filling Hayes on all the gang stuff, I of course leave out the details of Gilinsky and I.

"Wow. I've missed a lot." Hayes sighs looking uncomfortable.

"Yeah, but now you're back!" I say hugging him.

"Yep...I'm back," he gives me a half smile.

"Why are you back?" Crawford asks,

"Well my brother-" hes cut off by my bedroom door slamming open and Gilinsky, Connor, Kian and two other members I can't identify enter my room with their guns out.

"Looks like the idiot was right," kian glares at hayes.

"What the hell is going on!?" Crawford asks standing in front of hayes.

"Kenzie, Crawford, get away from him." Connor commands.

"What?" I ask.

"No!" Crawford argues.

"You were given an order Crawford." Kian says. Crawford sighs moving, but I stay where I am.

"Kenzie, get over here." Gilinsky says.

"Not until you tell me why you are trying to shoot my best friend!" I ask crossing my arms.

"I'm surprised you didn't figure it out considering his brother Nash kidnapped you." Kians eyes narrow.

"Nash..." I squint my eyes trying to remember. I gasp remembering Nash saved me from being g raped by Chris only to kidnap me and take me to JC. I look at Hayes. He never told me had an older brother.

"What the hell Hayes!?" I scream.

"Kenzie, I'm not here to hurt you! You have to believe me!" Hayes says gently grabbing my hand. That's all it took for Gilinsky to snap. Next thing I know Hayes is on the floor pinned down. Y Gilinsky who has a gun to his head.

"Do not touch her. You hear me!?" He commands. My eyes go wide. Should I help Hayes or stay put?

"Why are you here!?" Kian asks.

"To see kenzie! I swear I didn't know my brother kidnapped her!" Hayes insists.

"Are you in JCS gang!?" Connor asks. Hayes squirms under Gilinsky who isn't budging, in fact the gun gets pushed harder against his temple. I'm hoping gilinsky doesn't blow his brains out on my carpet.

"No! That's my brother's thing not mine! JC won't let me join because I'm too young!" He starts crying. Poor hayes! They are scaring the shit out of him.

"Kian we can use him against JC." Connor mumbles. What!?

"True..."kian looks lost in thought. They aren't going to do what I think they are going to doj are they?

"Hayes....how much do you value your friendship with my sister?" Kian asks. Oh my god! You asshole.

"A lot. She was my first friend in highschool." Hayes sniffs.

"And you'd do anything to protect her right?" Kian asks. Hayes nods as best he can. "Even betraying your brother?" I give kian a firm look. That's not fair! You can't turn hayes against his brother, he won't do it.

"Yes sir. Kenzie means a lot to me." Hayes says causi g my jaw to drop. What is with siblings around here!? Stephanie and Gilinsky aren't talking because of Matt, Mariah and Matt aren't talking because of Crawford, Chris and Crawford hate each other because of me, and now Hayes and Nash.

"Good, then welcome too the East side riot squad." Kian grins. Gilinsky slowly gets off Hayes. I rush over to him and kneel next to him pulling him to my arms. He hugs me tight.

"Kenzie," my brother says. I look up, first at Gilinsky to see jealously in his eyes, then at my brother.

"Yes?"

"Hayes will be your second bodyguard." Mine and Hayes' eyes go wide and we look at Gilinsky who's jaw drops. There goes our date night.