Chapter 15: Family Reunions

Big brother? I look back and forth from Gilinsky to Stephanie.

"What are you doing here?" Gilinsky hisses.

"Saving your ass as usual." Stephanie grins. Okay maybe they are siblings. THey are both a bit cocky.

"I dont' need saving." Gilinsky crosses his arms. 

"Oh really, did you forget you have people chasing you?" she asks causing me to turn my head to see the guys from my house entering the alleyway.

"There they are!" We hear. 

"Fuck! Kenzie run!" Gilinsky says pushing me forward. He doesn't have to tell me twice. I take off running down the street with Matt, Stephanie, Gilinsky behind me. 

"So you must be Kenzie!" Stephnie says running next to me. WHy is she trying to converse at a time like this?

"Yes, you must the be the unnamed sister of my bodyguard." I say rolling my eyes.

"My brother is your bodyguard? Wow, explains why he hasn't been home lately." she sighs. 

"This way!" Matt yells heading towards the tracks. Gilinsky and i are fucked if we cross the tracks, but right now we don't really have a choice. I sigh and run after Matt. 

"Steph, why didn't you stay home!?" I hear Gilinsky ask his sister.

"Because dear brother, i heard my boyfriend was in trouble." woah what!? 

"And your boyfriend is?" Gilinsky asks. I hear him stop running. 

"Oh fuck." Matt says as we both stop running. Why is he scared?

"Doesn't matter brother." Stephanie crosses her arms. If looks could kill she would be dead because Gilinsky looks pissed.

"Yes it fucking does depending on the person." Gilinsky says.

"I see em boss!" we hear. Oh fuck these guys again. I scream as guns go off. 

"We will discuss this later!" Gilinsky says before shoving his sister forward and grabbing my arm and running.

We run for what feels like miles following Matt down alleyways and through the park. Finally we arrive at a house.

"Where the hell are we Matt?" Gilinsky asks letting go of my arm.

"The official Safe House." I say in awe. There is one safe house in town that in case all gangs are attacked they can go somehwere safe to hide and figure out a plan.

Matt rappidly knocks on the door and it opens. What no password?

Matt enters and i quickly follow. He leads us to the basement where i see the majority of JC's gang mixed with Kian's gang. 

Kian looks up as i walk down the stairs.

"Oh my god Kenzie!" He stands up. I shove my way past Matt, down the stairs and into my brother's arms. 

"I'm okay." I assure him as he checks me over like Gilinsky did.

"Thank you man." Kian says to Gilinsky. They fist bump and GIlinsky smiles.

"Just doing my job." 

"Remember what you promised." Kian says. I give him a curious look. He made him promise something. Gilinsky frowns, nods and walks over to his sister who is talking to Matt.

"Kenzie!" I hear. I turn to see Crawford, who is sitting down on a couch with his arm around some brown haired girl. Who is she?

I walk over to Crawford and he pulls his arm from around the girl. I bend over and hug him tightly.

"Are you okay? I heard they attacked the house but Kian wouldn't let any of us go to get you except Gilinsky." Crawford asks worry filling his eyes.

"I'm alright, thanks to Matt, Stephanie and Gilinksy." I smile. 

"Matt....Espinosa?" the girl asks.

"yeah? And you are?" I ask eyeing the girl. She is also wearing black but has a blue bandana on her wrist. Wow, Crawfor hooking up with the opposite gang.

"I'm Mariah. Matt is my brother." She smiles. Oh...small world. That explains the bandana color. 

"Are you two...an item?" I ask raising my eyebrows

"oh...no she was just upset because Matt hadn't come back with his girlfriend yet." Crawford quickly says. Wait...girlfriend. That means..... I quickly turn right as i hear Gilinsky yell,

"You son of a bitch!" Gilinsky punches Matt in the face knocking him over.

"No!" Mariah yells standing up and racing over to her brother who is holding his hand over his nose.

I quickly rush over to Gilinsky who looks ready to kill. 

"What the hell Jack!?" Stephanie asks kneeling next to Mariah and Matt.

"You are NOT dating this prick!" Gilinsky says gritting his teeth.

"First of all he is NOT a prick!" Stephanie says standing up. Oh shit...sibling fight. "Second, he saved your girlfriend's life!" she glares at me. Hey, leave me out of this.

"She is not my girlfriend! I don't even like her like that. She is just part of my job and that job is protecting her!" GIlinsky spits out. Ouch....that hurt.

"Wow...."I mutter. Gilinsky turns noticing me standing there. His eyes immediatly soften and regret fills his eyes.

"Kenzie, I-"

"Save it" I say turning and walking back over to my brother who is talking to Chris. 

"Kenzie, what is going on over there?" KIan asks.

"Nothing. Doesn't matter." I say sitting down inbetween Chris and my brother.

"You alright?" Chris asks. And for once he sounds like he cares.

"I'll be fine." I say glancing at Gilinsky who is back to arging with his sister. I don't know what made me think i could ever like him or that he could ever like me back. He has one job and that is to protect me. And that is how it's going to stay. 

_______________________

Okay this story's getting intense huh? What is Kenzie going to do now that Gilinsky doesn't like her? Also big thanks to Mariah and Stephanie for offerring to be in my story! :) Big shocker for them though because Mariah didn't know Matt was her brother and Stephanie didn't know that she was dating Matt. :) Soooo SURPRISE GUYS!