Chapter 8: Secrets ruin friendships

As soon. As we get home and Kian puts me down, I slap him across the face.

"what the heck Kenzie!?" He asks glaring at me.

"Don't even!" I turn to Crawford. "How could you!?"

"I am trying to protect you!" He shoots back.

"From what!?" I cross my arms. "From JC!? You heard him! He was just using me to get to Kian!"

"That's why I was trying to protect you!" Crawford says.

"Whatever Crawford!" I turn back to my brother. "Congrats, I was a pawn in your game of chess! But I'm done!" I turn and walk through the house to the kitchen and out through the back door. I sit down on the swing on our deck.

How could everyone do this to me? I was foolish enough to even think that JC cared about me. I sniff and realize I'm crying. I feel the seat dip down next to me and I scoff thinking its Kian come to apologize.

"Don't be mad at Crawford." I hear a deep voice say. I turn my head to see Chris sitting here.

"How can I not? He betrayed me." I say staring into his green eyes.

"He loves you." My heart stops and my eyes go wide. Crawford has feelings for me?

"You really never knew?" Chris looks confused.

"I was distracted by someone else." I say looking away and blushing.

"By me?" He asks softly.

"No...." I say still not looking at him.

"Kenzie..." I feel him gently turn my face to look at him.

"Chris..." I stare into his emerald eyes and before I can blink his soft lips are pressed against mine. I gasp softly and kiss him back. He let's out a tiny groan and his left hand gently grabs the other side of my face and continues kissing me. I hold back a groan and my hands find their way to the back of Chris's head and my fingers gently grip his brown hair. I give a gentle tug on his hair and he groans again.

"Hey guys you wanna-woah!" Chris pulls away and I turn my head to see Crawford standing there looking hurt.

"Crawfo-"

"Save it!" He snaps at me. "How could you!?" He glares at his brother.

"Crawford you never acted on your feelings towards Kenzie!" chris protests.

"You still knew how I felt about her!" Crawford shakes his head before turning and leaving.

"This was a mistake..." I sign regretting finally kissing my crush.

"You can't be serious Kenzie!" Chris says.

"Crawford is my best friend and even though I have a crush on you, I never should have acted on it." I say standing up.

"Kenzie! Are you serious?" Chris grabs my wrist.

"Let go!" I say yanking my arm away. I then walk away and exit our backyard to the alley way.

"Kenzie wait!" I hear Chris say.

"Just leave me alone!" I say walking down the alley. I feel my wrist being grabbed and i'm forced to face Chris who smashes his lips on mine.

"Hmhmhm" I scream against his lips. I shove him away and glare at him. "Leave me alone Chris! I don't want to be with you." I say. I gasp as i feel his fist collide with the side of my face. I hit the ground and lay there, my blonde hair covering my face. I clutch my jaw and tears flood from my eyes. I can't believe Chris would hurt me.

"You ungrateful bitch." Chris says kneeling next to me.

"Leave me alone Chris!" I scream causing him to start laughing. He then pins me down to the ground and starts kissing my neck. What the fuck has gotten into him!? Disgusted I attempt to push him away.

"Just relax Kenzie and it will soon be over." He says as his hand travels up my shirt. My eyes go wide. He's trying to rape me. I start to scream but his other hand clamps over my mouth, muffling my cries. I blink, tears start to leak from my eyes as Chris' hand reaches its destination. He roughly squeezes and I close my eyes wishing I were anywhere but here.

"I'm not hearing any complaints, shall we continue?" He asks. I hear a gun click and hear someone say,

"You continue and I will shoot you." I keep my eyes shut in fear, because the voice doesn't belong to either Crawford or Kian.

"You are on the wrong turf." Chris says.

"And you are raping your leader's baby sister. Who is in more trouble here?" The voice asks.

"I don't know..." Chris says.

"Well for the sake of this argument it's you. Now get off her." The voice says. I let out a breathe as chris gets off me. "Now for your sake, leave."

I hear footsteps and then running, then I'm yanked to my feet and I'm blind folded.

"Who are you?" I ask as the person ties my hands behind my back.

"Doesn't matter." I now notice the voice is deep. "Move! My boss wants to see you."

I don't get a chance to protest as I am dragged down the alleyway with one thought: I'm in deep shit.