Chapter 19: The Aftermath part 2

-Rachel pov-
We are running into the prison with both my mom and Judy. We have a check written and cash ready to go. I mean bail can't be that much for beating someone close to death can it? Is that laughing I hear?

"Girl your hair is so beautiful this time!" We stop when we see Santana laughing with cops "How's the kids?"

"Doing great Santana" We all share a confused look "Oh looks like your ride is here"

Santana's smirks "Sup loser, tubby, random lady, and Judes?" She walks up to us "Ready to go?"

"You're in so much trouble little lady!" Just grabs Santana by the ear "Beating someone toward death are you crazy?! I ought to beat your behind till its black and blue!"

"Ow I'm sorry Judy!" Judy drags Santana out to the car "No whipping!"

I look at the cop Santana was talking to "Mam why is she able to just walk out?" She smiles "What?"

"That girl does work no one knows about" she holds up a photo of her with two kids "She babysits for me when I'm working and the nanny can't get there"

"She cleans the offices" The chief walks up to us "She sometimes even makes us food!"

"Santana lopez?" They nod "The girl that was just here? The devil incarnate? You trust her with your food and kids?"

"You don't know do you?" I look at Quinn and then the lady "Her parents were shot in a robbery a year ago"

"Oh god" She's never said anything to anyone "She never....is she with someone?"

"We stop by and check on her" the chief sighs "She refuses help and ran before we could talk about going to a foster care...no one really wants a teen though right?"

"Do you have her papers?" I look at Shelby confused and the lady hands her Santana's guardianship papers "Give me a pen"

"Mam you do know what's going to happen if you sign right?" Shelby gets a pen and signs the papers "You are gonna have to go to court now for full custody mam"

"I know" Shelby puts the papers down "I also would like to know how you go about adding a name to custody papers already signed?"

"Mom?" Shelby smiles at me and tears fall as I wrap my arms around her "Thank you!"

"I'll help you and get you home after we get everything settled out" the Chief opens a door "We can step into here and talk if you'd like and Meredith here come in so you don't feel uncomfortable"

"I'll see you girls later" we nod and walk toward the doors "Tell Judy please"

"Will do" when we get out to the car Santana is breaking down and Judy is holding her "She just told you huh?"

"Let's get home girls" we nod and get into the vehicle "Where's Shelby?"

I point to the station "She's asking some questions" Santana's sighs and I put a hand on my shoulder "We've got you Sans"

"Thanks midge" I smile when she smiles then turns away "Don't get used to these moments ok!"

-Santana pov-Time Skip-
We are sitting in the house looking at the one suitcase holding all my things. As sad as I am that they are gone...my parents weren't always the best. They tried but we were poor and just couldn't buy things sometimes. It's how things went.

"I'm here" we jump and look at Shelby as I've been told is her name "I've got some news and two questions! First things first one of the questions is Santana if I signed custody papers for you and wanted to bring you to live with me would you let me?"

I sit frozen...someone wants me who doesn't even know me?! They don't know how messed up I am. She's never met me besides seeing me in prison and she wants me? I'm speechless and all I can do is nod.

"Good cause I did and we have a court hearing soon" She looks at Judy "That was the news now on to the other question is Judy if I was to ask to sign for guardianship over Rachel so the love birds wouldn't be counted as technical sisters and still live here would you be ok with that?"

"Yes" Judy walks over to her "Let's go talk about loving arrangements in the office"

"Wanky...ow!!" Judy laughs as she walks away after hitting me with a shoe "That's abuse! You saw that right?"

"Let's watch a movie while the totally not into each other talk" Rachel gets up to put in a movie when someone knocks "I'll get it"

She walks over and opens the door freezing "Who is it chica?" I get up with Quinn and we see Rick and Azimo at the door "Quinn get back"

"Nice home you dykes gonna let us in?" Azimo starts to step in but I push him back "Hey that's a rude way to treat a guest wouldn't want to end up arrested again would we?"

"Excuse me?" I step closer to him angry "If you know I was arrested then is it really smart to piss me the fuck off?"

"We just came to offer you all an out" We all look at Rick confused while he smirks "Well you and Q back there...id rather not catch what ever diseases the small bitch may have"

"What Rick is saying is we'd like to bring you two back to the straights and back to the top" Azimo pushes me aside and steps in with Rick "So where's the bedroom?"

"You're house young man" Azimo and Ricks eyes go wide as Judy and Shelby step in to the room "I may not live here yet but I can still kick your ass out"

"You know your kid is gay Mrs. Fabray?" I sigh and shake my head "She's with this useless little bitch"

"What did you call my daughter?" Shelby steps toward him angry "You have five seconds to leave before cops come and I beat your ass while they watch and wait!"

"Let's go she ain't playing!" Rick hits Azimo on the shoulder "Come on man"

They take off and soon are peeling away. I look at Rachel and see her looking at the ground. Quinn tries to wrap her arm around her but she pushes her away. Rachel walks to their room and closes the door.

"I'll get her" I walk to the door and knock "It's your soon to be sister...can you let me in?"

"It's unlocked" I open it, walk in, and close it behind me "We got rid of the lock after you tackled Quinn"

"Don't ever listen to them or anyone else Rachel" I sit beside her on the bed "You're beautiful, talented, unique, smart, caring, nice, and so much more! I've been jealous of that because I want to be able to be like that but I don't let myself cause Britt needs me like this for protection and now...now my sisters does too"

"Sisters huh?" Rachel looks up with a watery smile "I've never had one before...but I think I'm open for trying"

We share a quick hug and walk out to them. Rachel runs and hugs Quinn. I just walk to Judy and Shelby watching them. They talk quietly before heading toward the couch. We follow and end up just talking amongst ourselves. Movies were long forgotten and the boys were just in the back of our heads.

Right now....right now it's just us. Right now it's just love.