Chapter 2

Well, I've got to say that life has gotten interesting real quick. So basically, I, Grace Parker, well maybe Parker-Stark... I wonder what we will end up doing for our last names since that is rather important. Nope, gotta get back on track with my monologuing, a totally not normal but normal 15 year old girl, just got adopted by the one and only Pepper and Tony Stark. Which, if you haven't already guessed, are some of my idols! If you think I'm happy right now then that's an huge understatement!

Before I could even fully comprehend what was happening, yes I haven't done it yet, we were at the Avengers tower and were grabbing our bags and climbing in the elevator. Tony told the elevator to go somewhere. I'm guessing he told Friday, the AI I read about in some article somewhere. Turns out that sort of shady looking website was right after all. Noice!

Time flies when you're having fun. There was a tour that we went on to get accustomed to our new home. Home, that words sounds weird. Anyways, I wasn't really paying attention on the tour, which means I'll have to explore later. I'm not gonna complain. Now that I am done with that I'm chillin' with everyone eating dinner. I have a huge plate of spaghetti with way to many meatballs.

I was just eating, Pepper had to leave to take a call for her job, and Peter and Tony are talking about down science stuff while I sit and listen and eat my meatballs. Blah blah blah, coding, blah blah blah, arc reactor, blah blah blah Spider-Man and Alpha Moon. Wait what?!? Why are they talking about us? Chill Grace, this is probably just a normal topic of conversation.

"I think they are pretty cool. They stay around New York and help out the little guys." Peter said, hiding our identities properly like always. We decided a while ago that we weren't gonna give our identities to the Avengers or SHIELD or whatever. If they find out they might stop us from patrolling because we are 'only teenagers'.

"I guess they are ok. They help the city which is nice, but the only problem is that we don't know their identities and SHIELD is constantly bugging us about trying to figure that out." Tony let out a groan at the last part. I know how annoying SHIELD can be. When we first became heroes they tried to send some agents at us because they thought we were a threat. After way to many patrols that solely consisted of us running away from the agents they stopped coming after us.

I finished my food not long after that topic was dropped. I hadn't realized Pepper until she spoke, "Sorry, I had to take that." I nodded as if to show that it was ok. Being my normal polite self I washed my dish when I was done and put it in the strainer before asking to be excused so I could go and see my room. Pepper said I could go and I walked over to the elevator. The top three floors of the tower were for the family. The lowest one was the kitchen, a living room, and a theater area. The second floor was my brother and me's floor with our bedrooms and apparently a gaming room/library. The third was Tony and Pepper's floor.

Once I arrived on the second floor of the family area and I started walking towards where I assumed my room was. The doors were located right next to each other with little labels next to them. The one on the right read Peter, and the one on the left read Grace. saw two doors next to each other one labeled Peter and another labeled Grace. This must be my room. I opened the door slowly so I could get a good reveal. Hmmm... I wonder if it was already decorated. When I had come into the tower Tony had asked us what we would like in our rooms, so maybe he has done it. I mean, isn't he the second richest man in the world at the moment?

The first things I noticed were the colors of the walls. They were a beautiful amethyst color with white highlights around the doors. Contrasting to the light colored walls was the bed and furniture. The bed had a black wooden frame with silver colored sheets and a dark magenta quilt. The desk, dresser, and bookshelf in my room were also the black wooden coloring and patterns of the bed. Lastly I walked in and kicked off my shoes and oh my gosh it was soft The rug on the floor was a light gray and it was so frickin' soft.