Chapter 9

I woke up to rays of sun shining through my window. Queens was already bustling with energy as cars honked at each other in the traffic down below and people scurried around in the sidewalks like ants that's home had been destroyed by a stomping foot.

I swung my legs over the side of my bed and grabbed my glasses from the side table. I looked at the clock to see 8:00 firmly written on there. I suppose I should go see if anyone has made breakfast. I threw on some leggings and a stupid science pun t-shirt. Oxygen and Potassium went on a date, it was OK. I sighed as I walked through the hallways that were way too bright.

I entered the kitchen to see that Peter was home and my parents were already there. Peter seemed to be bubbling with energy about some unknown thing. I walked over to everyone and said good morning before grabbing some food and sitting down to eat.

"Well, Grace, we have a surprise today. So, unless you are busy this weekend you can pack your bags for the weekend." Wait, we are going somewhere? Like on a trip? It's been a couple years since we've done something like that! This is going to be great!

I jumped up in excitement! "Yes yes yes! I will definitely go!" Not like I have any reason to stay here anyways. I practically skipped into the elevator as Friday took me up to my room. I searched through the closet and grabbed a nice pair of clothes along with some casual stuff to chill in.

Within the short time of 30 minutes, I was down on the Avengers floor with Peter, Tony, and Pepper as well as Wanda, Hawkeye, Captain America, and Blackwidow. I saw a quinjet outside on the landing platform and with one glance I knew that it was our ride. So cool.

I walked over to where my family was standing and put my bag down on the ground before engaging in small talk. Unfortunately that small talk only lasted about 30 seconds before a person came in and told us that it was time to go. Oh boy, this is going to be interesting. I walked up to the jet and took a step inside.

It wasn't too large but it was amazing and laden with tech. I found a single seat by the back and sat down to observe. The chairs were incredibly comfortable and I could probably lounge around in one all day. The front held two pilots and from then and behind sat Hawkeye and Blackwidow in a row, then Captain America and surprisingly Peter, then lastly sat Pepper and Tony. I didn't mind sitting alone because it gave me space and time to think.

I watched and saw how well Peter got along with everyone. It's only been about a week and a day since we first got here and Peter, being his normal outgoing self, was already talking with everyone. If only I got along with people that well or people cared enough to at least attempt to make conversation with me.

The inside of the quinjet itself was very sleek. The walls were very dark grey and probably made of either steel or something else. The floors were very normal looking metal with a rug-ish like thing on top. In the front was the cockpit with two people who probably didn't need to be here. I already know that these planes can fly almost anywhere in the world without a pilot. The rest of the jet looked rather normal.

Within about 15 minutes we were at our destination. It can't have been too far away. Maybe upstate New York or some other relatively close city. I tried to see out of the cockpit but one of the avengers, who looked like Cap, was blocking it. I didn't get up. I just wanted to see what everyone else would do. I saw Blackwidow and Hawkeye slip off the jet while Cap was talking with everyone else in my family.

Finally they moved and I could see out of the cockpit. There was the building in all of its glory. The Avengers compound. The walls were pristine. After everyone else exited I looked around at my surroundings. There was a huge parking lot and landing area for the multiple quinjets. The building itself was huge as well with a lot of the walls in the front being at least partial windows. The sides had less windows but they were still there. Then I looked to the surrounding area and it was beautiful. Trees of all different types and sizes surrounded the area on three out of four sides. If I'm staying here then maybe I can go in the woods for- Yes!