Chapter 5

I woke up to sunlight pouring through my window. Does it really surprise me that I failed at properly closing my curtains? No, not at all. I let out a yawn and reached over to grab my phone from the bedside table. The time read 9:00, which seemed like a good enough time to awaken.

After changing into a good enough outfit I walked out of my room and walked into the kitchen. They mentioned that we were going to have a family dinner later which I agreed to attending. After that I finished my homework and decided to finish my exploration of the higher parts of the tower.

I explored the rest of the Avenger's common floor. After this I went down a floor to find a gym. After heavy consideration and just a tad bit of influence I decided I might as well give a go at the punching bag. I decided against using boxing gloves and walked up to the bag and went into a fighting stance.

After a minute of channeling my anger up I did my first punch. I ignored the fact that my knuckles hurt a little and went for another punch.

Kick!

I'm going to be such a burden to them, they're going to hate me. Especially if they find out about my powers. What if they decide to experiment on me or some other crap like that.

Punch!

How would I know? I've only lived with them for a little bit and when they tried to recruit us last time they seemed pretty aggressive.

Punch!

Well, not much I can do about it. If anything goes wrong then I can run away. I can run, and if needed I can disguise myself as a dog for forever.

Kick!

Kick!

Punch!

Punch!

Kick kick!

I continued like this for a while. I slowly felt the bag sway more and more with each attack. Each time it threatened to fall of the chain holding it to the ceiling. I ignored the fact that it might seem odd if a teenager broke it and continued. The seams slowly started to split as I let out my anger at myself, Flash, the other kids at school, and myself again.

Punch!

The seams of the punching bag split and the grains erupted from inside spilling all over the floor. I sighed at the mess I had caused and grabbed the broom that was sitting off to the side. Within ten minutes the mess was cleaned up. I grabbed a drink from the bubbler and got ready to head back up to my room, though I froze when I noticed a person standing in the corner of the room.

He was tall with long dark hair. One of his arms was made of metal and adorned with a red star. The Winter Soldier... how much did he see..? I decided to try and act normal so I gave him a small awkward wave which he returned. I figured no further interaction was needed so I hopped into the elevator. Wait... crap. In the shiny metal of the elevator sides I saw my reflection.

My anger must have bubbled up too much while I was taking out my anger on the punching bag. In the reflection I could clearly see my fully yellow eyes in the reflection. What if he saw? What if he uses that information to figure out that I'm Alpha Moon? I don't have time for this, just ignore it and hope for the best.

- - - - | - - - -

I sat down and smiled as Pepper dumped the piping hot food onto my plate. After the odd events of earlier I wasted my time away watching YouTube while waiting for it to be time for dinner. Now that it was time for dinner I figured that it was time for whatever talk Pepper and Tony were going to say.

After a few minutes of just eating Mr. Stark cleared his throat. "So, you two, since it's been three days since you two were adopted we want to send you back to school so no one questions why you two disappeared off the radar for a couple of days." I nodded in agreement. We had already figured that much out. "And, it's common knowledge that I hated being in the spotlight as a child, so I was thinking that I would keep you two from having to deal with that. Constant cameras in your face. Reporters bugging you about personal information."

That makes sense as well. "Ok, makes sense. Are we going to continue using the last name of Parker?" Pepper nodded as a form of confirmation. I finished the food I was eating and put my plate in the sink to be washed later.

Some small talk followed the more serious topic of conversation. We had some vanilla ice cream with sprinkles and chocolate syrup. After this Peter decided we needed some 'family bonding time', so now here we are sitting in the living room watching the third star wars movie, Episode III: The Phantom Menace.

Pepper and Tony had the couch, Peter took a chair, and I took the comfortable rug. I was feeling rather wolfish so I lay on the rug which was more comfortable than normal and curled up in a ball. It was a normal wolf thing to do and when wolf instincts are there they can be hard to ignore sometimes.

I heard Peter's calm breathing signifying that he is peaceful. That's great that he feels safe here. That was always my number one concern when I thought about being adopted, that we would get placed with bad caretakers. People who would... do stuff. Such as abusive or such.

So a quick review on what has happened in the last four days of my life. First, I got adopted by Tony and Pepper Stark and moved into Stark Tower. After this I explored the place. I got to spend a day with Peter doing basically whatever we want. Next, on Saturday I met Wanda Maximoff, also known as the Scarlet Witch. After finding out we had a lot in common we spent the whole day hanging out with each other. I also met Clint Barton and Natasha Romanoff, also known as Hawkeye and the Black Widow. Today I experimented with the stuff in the gym and met(?) the Winter Soldier.

I mean, a lot has changed. Wait, more than a lot, a ton! Though school will change that. How can I be so sure? Well, let's say I have a hunch. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Word Count: 1097

This chapter is a little shorter than normal, but at least we get to see a new character. Right? Well this was fun to write. I also have a question. I recently got into the Sanders Sides series and I was wondering if you guys would be interested in seeing the fan fiction I have been writing for that series. Anyways, have an amazing day everyone!

Sincerely,

AlphaG