Chapter 11

I chowed down on my second roast beef and mustard sandwich. Delicious! My friends were talking about some band that I had no care about or interest in. Some boy band or whatever. I put my hand down on the table and noticed that they were now getting too crazy again. I'm used to some chaos but unorganized chaos like this is ridiculous. Everyone was smiling as they talked. It was quite nice. For them. "Hey guys, why don't we play a game or something?" I said semi-loudly so that people would hear. One person turned to smile at me and probably reply before another topic was taken up and she got distracted. Come on everyone! Your friend is talking here!

I said it again, louder this time and most people turned their attention to me except Athena who kept talking with Cora and soon enough everyone was back to talking with them. I finished my sandwich and went to throw my trash out before returning to the table. No one nodded a head. I relaxed my head on the table and saw Peter sitting with Ned in the distance. I closed my eyes so I didn't have to see the world and immersed myself in my thoughts. The lunch monitor came around with the wipes, and MJ tapped my arm so I cleaned the area.

I grabbed my bag and saw Aris give me a sympathetic look from another table. I sighed and walked out of the caf early to grab my supplies for the next class. It was Aerospace which I wouldn't complain about. I yanked my binder out of my locker rather aggressively before starting off down the hall. I slowed when I got to the bulletin board.

The clubs read:

Literature/writing

Drawing/Art

Cooking...

Nothing interesting like always. I wish I could start a club. It would take stupid funds though which I don't think I could get. Besides, I'm already a part of the Decathalon, I don't need anything else on my plate. I continued walking and entered the deserted classroom. Soon enough my friend group came in then followed everyone else. We had an even number of people in our friend group and some how we all got our next class together.

They split up and I waited for someone to come sit with me but unlike normal no one did. I looked over to see if anyone was thinking about moving but they looked like they were staying put. It's fine, really. They wanted to have fun with each other like normal. I sent a weak smile towards them as the other students started to file in. I didn't pay attention at all. I personally love aerospace, but I was ahead.

I tapped my fingers across the desk. An hour and 30 minutes 'till this is over. I pulled out my computer and flew through the assignment we had been given while everyone else struggled. By the time everyone had finished there were 45 minutes left of class and we were required to get into partners for the next activity. Most people went to their table partners while others walked around looking for partners. I stayed still until there was just me and another kid left. I was really hoping there was an odd number of students today so I could work alone. But. No! That can't happen. I raised my hand and the kid came over. I guided him through the experiment and by the end of class we were one of the two groups that finished.

Last period was study hall and I really didn't care. I just wanted to leave and head over to my friend's apartment for studying and games. I played on my computer in an attempt to distract myself. I had already finished all my homework and I was bored out of my mind. The hours dragged on until finally we were set free. I met my friends outside and walked off with Cora, Athena, and Isis.

After an hour of studying we decided to have some fun because we had worked hard. Everyone deserves a break sometimes. We grabbed some snacks, and discussed which movie we were going to watch.

"We should watch Star Wars!" I suggested. Everyone turned to me. I tried to tap into my wolf side so I could sense their emotions. Distaste. Annoyance. Happy. Interesting.