Chapter 23

TW: Mention of suicide (a lot), suicide notes, angst, mention of self-harm, blood, y'all its just angst

Aris POV

Something felt off. It wasn't uncommon for our friend group to have sleepovers consisting of a couple of us. Today we had a couple of the group. It was Athena, Cora, Isis, and me. It was late and I couldn't fall asleep so I did the normal thing most teenagers do... go onto their phone. I was scrolling through a page on Reddit when I saw a text notification pop up on the top of my screen.

I clicked on it expecting it to be just some funny meme. Oh man was I wrong.

"Hi guys," the text read. "You might be wondering why I, of all people, is texting you at basically two am. Or whatever time it is. Well, the reason isn't good." Was this about that text she sent me earlier? Code red? I know we had some sort of meaning to that but I just couldn't remember.

"What can I say? Well, thanks and y'all are idiots. I want to thank you, one person, who knew what was going on in my horrible life. Though you forgot and now I am here. You all would sit there at lunch chatting, ignoring me, ignoring the fact that I hadn't touched a morsel of food at lunch in a week. That just means I'm eating well at the home right? No. Flat no. I don't eat at all." Sh- crap. This is what code red is. Code red was the name for her last resort 'save me' if she didn't want to actually text out the thing.

"Guys. Guys! Wake up now!" I heard some sleepy murmurs from the surrounding people. I rushed over and violently shook them awake. "Check your phones... now." They gave me a confused look in the darkness but grabbed their phones anyway. With them in the loop I kept reading.

"Then those obviously homemade cuts on my arms that definitely weren't from falling down a staircase or whatever lame excuse I gave you guys. If only one of you would have pushed me for answers. I would still be alive. Probably hanging out with you guys instead of jumping. So, with that said. Thank you all for helping me make this realization. Remember, never ever say someone is lying about being depressed. Maybe they are, but give them the benefit of the doubt. Please. Goodbye. Forever."

I fell down from he place where I was standing, phone clutches tightly in my hand. No, no. This can't be happening! Tears came to my eyes as I laid on the floor unmoving. I messed up. If I had just realized I could have prevented this. Instead of going to a funeral soon or whatever I could go and hang out with her after school.

I should never have abandoned her like I did... I wish... I wish that Grace will come out ok.

Pepper's POV

It had been an extremely long day at work. I can tell you for a fact that dealing with people who can't even try to see the whole picture is not fun. I sighed a long sigh, at least Peter had gotten one of his friends to come over today. That was nice!

Tony was beside me watching the movie on the tv. I heard my phone buzz from across the room, "I highly recommend you check that, Mrs. Stark." said Friday. Friday was normally correct when she recommended these things.

I shrugged and grabbed my phone quickly opening it to read the text that I quickly showed to Tony. "Tony..." he looked at the text terror in his eyes. "Get Bruce to prepare the med center. I've got this." I called out to my suit which came flying to me. Within seconds I was suited up.

Tony has already told Friday to wake up Bruce so he could get the med bay ready. I was flying through the sky, pushing the speed on this thing to the max. I need to save her. She's my daughter, it doesn't matter that she is adopted.

I saw the bridge come into sight in the distance which caused me to push faster. Everything except the point that I wanted to get to was a blur. Faster. Faster.