Chapter 22// A Show for You

It was 2 in the morning but Jimin found himself wide awake and staring at the ceiling. The faint snoring of his tired dad did not bother him a bit. As unhygienic as it sounded, he was still in his 'date' outfit but he didn't care because what's occupying his mind now is the vast messy emotions.

The heartbreak was the worse out of all the emotions. It's something he never dwell in so much but now that he did, it hurts like a damn bitch. He didn't have any idea how to deal with it so he just silently shed tears and clenched a fist of his shirt at his chest.

When his lips couldn't feel hers, he knew he had to leave right then and there because he couldn't guarantee her a peaceful walk home. He either would burst in tears or sheer anger so he left.

His hand fumbled beside him and grabbed his phone before it lit up. His finger tapped on something before the screen opened to an app that had a radar on it. The address shown was a apartment complex that he was familiar with. A blue dot showed the exact spot where she is now.

Somehow, Harley found her way home safely and Jimin did slap himself a hundred times for leaving her there but his emotions was in rage and he never wants her to see that.

He put away his phone and continued his blank staring. He heaved a sigh before turning to the side where a neatly wrapped box remained untouched. His hand stretched out again to grab it and placed it on his lap as he sat up.

He sluggishly tore the wrapping paper open and revealed a small black box. Once he removed the cover, he found himself in a rather confusion and he frowned. It was a necklace with two charms. A small Spinosaurus and a 'J' initial.

He carefully pulled the jewelry out and dangled it in front of his eyes. It was obvious the diamonds on the charms were fake but it still brought a soft smile onto his face.

As his smile quivered, a thick hot tear escaped his eye and soon he found himself sobbing again. He clenched the necklace in his palm and pressed it against his thumping heart. He harshly bit down on his lips til his could taste blood but he didn't care.

"What can I do to have your heart, Harley?....how?"

Shaky whispers of painful love confessions buried deep into his tear stained pillow as he muffled his gritted cries into the cushion.

——————

"Gosh....Harley you look horrible...."

"Shut up, Jung"

Hoseok scrunched his nose at his best friend's morning bird nest. Harley walked back to her room to clean herself up as her best friend followed her into her apartment.

While Harley went to get ready, Hoseok got comfortable on the bed while scanning through her room. It's been awhile since he's been here and have their usual weekend hangout because all the appearances he had to make for his father's business even though it's just a facade.

Soon, his eyes caught onto a few new decorations. He pushed himself off the before and walked towards a small table where a large canvas, a painted vase with a painted baby breath in it was displayed. He leaned down and inspected the items only to realize the similarity between them. They all portrayed his beautiful best friend and in her colors.

The bathroom door clicked open before Harley came out with a towel wrapping on her head.

"Yo Lee, what are these?"

"Oh...uh....Jimin gifted me those"

She carefully stated, remembering the rage he showed last night. Hoseok's jaw clenched at the mention of the boy's name. The fight he had with his mom last night revolved around that bastard but he also remembered clearly what she said about his best friend that threw him off the mountain of patience.