Chapter 1: Captured

LEAH

I slowly walk through the creaky old doors of high school, watching as everyone around me moved in a practiced order. It felt like another day filled with hardly anybody to talk to because the only good friend I do have is my buddy named Matthew. He's kinda "popular" so I don't really know why he would want to be my friend, but I don't mind his company. Matthew is a really nice guy and any girl would be lucky to date him. He's like one of those underrated boys that are a little over-looked for a real relationship while girls flaunt over the so-called bad boys in our school. It amazes me.

Abruptly, my thoughts are stopped when I see the double doors across the hall open at the same time. They step into hall, each set of eyes gazing over them in fear, lust, curiosity. All five continue nonchalantly, supposedly not noticing all the eyes watching them, wishing to be them, or be with them. That makes one of us. He was walking in front of them, like a leader in front of his followers. I've heard all the rumors about them, all the things they've done, and they didn't exactly spark my interest. Some rumors seemed like a lie and taken out of context, but it was hard not to believe them when one of the five got into a fight and the other guy looked like he was about to die. It was horrible; I really almost threw up from watching all the blood and I could have walked away, but at the moment my feet weren't cooperating with me.

I'll honestly admit that even I'm intimated by them, but not everyone else would. I looked away from the 'leader' when he spotted me staring at him, and continued towards my locker. When I first came to this school, it was possible not to notice the five of them every single day. It made me blush whenever one of them looked my way. I guess you could say I was just as smitten as any other girl. However, it's hard to stay lovestruck as more knowledge and information about them ruins that.

"Leah!" I jump, making my books drop to the floor next to the scratched up gray lockers. My eyes shoot up at Matthew, seeing him standing there grinning with his pearly white teeth. "Nice to see you too Leah." He chuckles a little at my shaken state.

"Mhm. What's up?" I ask while bending down to pick up my books, and then freeze slightly when I hear a cat call from down the hall. I stand up straight and twist around to see who whistled. My eyes widen seeing him and his crew bluntly staring me down, and my body turns to rock. Why is he looking at me? I know they've stared at me before, but that was when I was looking at them first. Now they're all looking at me?

"Leah, hey are you okay?" Matthew questions from behind me, and I manage to move my body to face Matthew so my back is towards them. I've never reacted well when all eyes are on me. I feel so awkward and want to sink back into a wall.

I clear my throat. "Yeah I'm fine, so uh, what did you need again?" I repeat. He looks at me weirdly and without questioning my change of behavior, restates his answer. But I couldn't really pay attention, I only thought of them and it was just bugging me like when people chew their food loudly. I had to get out of here.

"Leah!"

"What!" I jump back into reality again.

"Why are you zoning out so much?" Matthew examines me intently. I shrug my shoulder's, not really wanting to answer which makes him sigh and look the other way. I put my books back in my locker and lean against it once it's closed. From the corner of my eye, however, I could see Matt smirking at me so my brows intentionally furrow in confusion.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I snap. He leans down so that his lips are directly by my ear, and I have to admit that chills are crawling down my spine. I never said he wasn't unattractive.

"I think someone has a thing for you." He sings dramatically and moves back to look at my reaction, but I stay looking confused. He 'discretely' nods over to the other side of the hall so I glance over there and see him and his crew still staring at me.