Chapter 2

Holding this hand around the Eternal City definitely makes me wish this would go on forever. We've been to the Vatican Museum, the lovely streets of Rome, chasing away pigeons. Now we're here at the Sistine Chapel. I'm just so in love with their infrastructures, you don't get to see a lot of these in Ireland, not even in Dublin. 

"Wanna grab early dinner?" It may be too fast but damn, he is also making my heart beat so fast. Is this love? Although I don't know him that well, definitely I wanna get to know him more and be with him forever. 

"Sure. Where are you taking me?" 

"There's only one place I can think of that you would definitely love. The Trastevere." 

Trastevere is literally the Vegas of Rome, minus the Casinos. Where the most lively and vibrant nightlife of Rome happens. Great music, great food, handsome Ethan - basically its all favorable for me. 

Its the perfect place to conclude a tiring day trip around the City of Rome

Its the perfect place to conclude a tiring day trip around the City of Rome. The alleyway with sparkling lights as the sun sets and dark blue sky that lights up the stars is the perfect place indeed for a lovely dinner.

"You've been an amazing tour guide Ethan. Grazie."

"Well you're just amazing." F*ck. That was a punch on my chest. I couldn't breathe. Can I lip-bite? How do you react at this situation? 

"Oh, hmm... So are you." -Really Hope? That's all you can say? We were staring at each other as we wait for our food to be served. I honestly hope the chef ran out of ingredients, I'm enjoying a dive in his dark gray eyes. What is this I'm feeling. 

"So where are you going to spend the night?" Ethan asked.

"Oh yeah! Right! That's what I forgot. I have no idea actually." 

"Hmm... I would love to invite you to my apartment, but in Milan." 

"Oh! No that's fine, you've been doing a lot for me, I'd be taking advantage if I'd say yes." 

"I was hoping you'd say yes so I can suggest we can just get a... hotel room?" I choked on mushroom! Yes hotel room! No! I'm underage! We can get in trouble, big big trouble! "But of course on separate beds or if you're uncomfortable I can get a separate room." He added as if he read what's in my mind. 

"No, no its fine. I mean I don't mind sharing a room, a bed however, definitely no; and we'll share the payment!" He giggled and wiped a sauce off the corner of my lips - I bit my lower lip. Why does he keep doing this? Why does he keep making me feel this way? 

"All done? We can go to our last stop before finding a hotel." He said.

"Oh we're not done for the day? Hmm, I guess. So where are you taking me now?" 

"A place which is most beautiful after sun down, I promise its worth it." 

"Yeah, it better be Ethan." I flashed a flirty smile. I have chills all over my body and its caused by that gaze he has been giving me.

Then I took his hand again. 

Am I too young to be experiencing all of this? Well I don't look like my age. Oh, side talks, I wonder how many guards have my father sent out to come looking for me. He definitely started looking out for me in Galway and Dublin. Then he'd go asking the prime minister of Ireland and then call my relatives. Since I'm his last Hope of keeping the tradition alive in An Tra. 

I actually met the prince he was going to marry me off. He is kind of cute but he is too full of himself. He thinks he is that handsome and everything, when in fact he is just a little cry baby prince. And I can't stand a day, no, an hour talking to him. I just had to run away. 

"You're right, its beautiful." I was never this amazed. The Coliseum is already a beautiful structure but the lights made it standout more. I was in awe. 

"Like you." I am definitely in love - but I'm not sure whether with the city or the guy next to me, or both. 

I smiled at him while blushing and he held my hand. My heart is skipping a beat and I don't know why. We took a cab to the nearest hotel, checked-in to a twin sharing room. After settling the payment, I went up first to our room, he said he was going to make calls since he won't be coming home for the night. 

I was daydreaming in the elevator at night! Am I crazy? Have I fallen for him? I showered, settled my things and turned the tv on. In a couple of minutes he arrived and jumped on his bed. 

"I've been wondering. If you're from Milan, why are you here in Rome?" 

"Good question. I was board the train to Milan but I can't resist your beautiful smile so I just had to drop off with you." 

"Seriously Ethan? Why?" 

"I'm serious. I was really on my way to Milan, but I fell in love with you and your smile, so I followed you here." 

"You did what???" Say it again please, its overwhelming.

"I fell in love with your smile." 

"Before that." My heart, oh my God, calm my heart down please. 

"I love you." 

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fast Italian boy! But my heart beats way faster than that! You have no idea how much I want to say 'I love you too'. But no, I must contain myself, I need a sign that you're right for me, or at least I need to get to know you more. 

A little more...