Chapter 32

An odd sound is obscuring the peace and silence as I write a song; a sound that is too unfamiliar for me to even notice its mine - my phone is ringing. 

"Hey." I did not have to check who it was; this voice will be forever familiar. 

"Where are you?" I was so worried about you is really what I want to say.

"I'm on my way to you. Get dressed okay?" 

He hanged up and immediately I did what he asked me to. My heart is racing - its the first time he made me feel this way, I mean, ever since, my heart would always beat calmly. I don't know why but I think I'm in love with him. I don't know how, or when it began, I didn't even realized it until today. 

"Where are you going?" 

"Joe. He called." 

"But Hope, isn't your flight to Ireland tonight?" 

"I know but I just had to do this first." 

"You've finally realized it." Gabbie chuckled before saying it. I was left puzzled. 

"What do you mean?" 

"You'll know. Good luck. Give me a call okay?" 

Right there, I kissed her good bye and ran out. I stood by the side walk, waiting, swinging one leg back and forth. I'm trying my best not to pace but I can't help it. I can't just stand and wait without fidgeting. I'm nervous but all excited.

Joe's car appeared; my heart was beating so fast but everything else was on slow motion, even him. As soon as he parked the car in front of me, he jumped out and walked up to me; my heart began to beat twice faster, too fast that I had to catch my breath. 

"Come with me."

"Where?" 

"Anywhere. It doesn't matter." 

He asked for my hand... Everyone seemed to be asking for my hand, and everyone else did the same thing. But this time, I wasn't even worried that he might do the same thing, I couldn't care less, I didn't care whether I'd end up hurt again. All I want was just to be with him even if its the last time I'll ever get to. 

Its almost sun down, we drove to the Eiffel Tower. He asked me to close my eyes, and he assisted me as we walked. I remember taking an elevator, I have no idea where we were going, but actually I don't care at all. I just wanna be with him anywhere. 

"Open your eyes."

"It may seem simple, mysterious, and maybe mischievous; its how you see me

"It may seem simple, mysterious, and maybe mischievous; its how you see me. But imagine me down there, and looking up at you, its exactly how I see you." 

I was left in awe, I was speechless. He was right for every word he used to describe how I see him, until today. 

"Its beautiful. I love it. I love you." I couldn't hold myself back anymore. I'm yet to lose another person that I truly care about...again. 

"You do?" He looked at me passionately, but I could see he was hurting. 

"The last time I brought you up top you were in love with someone else." He added. Honestly I don't know what to say. 

"How could you say you love me and then leave?" 

"Its complicated Joe." 

"When will it be not complicated for you? Risk for once." 

"I'm already risking. If only you knew..." 

"Then tell me. Tell me at least one truth about you." 

"I'm going home, because I have responsibilities. I am not ordinary and I can't continue living an ordinary life." 

"I used to have walls, walls that stood tall to prevent myself from getting attached again. Then you came, you made me take them down." 

"Are you blaming me for everything?" 

"No Hope. What I'm saying is, I found you, I found someone who could make me love again." 

"I'm sorry about your past relationship. I did not meant to hurt you like she did." 

"It was my mother." 

"Like you, she craved for an ordinary life. But unlike you, she didn't return... I hated you at first because I knew you from the first day I met you, you were all over the news, and I despised what you did. You reminded me so much of her. But what I hate the most is that I wished that you'd continue wanting an ordinary life so I could have you."  

"You know Joe, at first I never thought of you as someone I can be with. But I got to know you, and everything changed. Almost as if I was enchanted. I haven't even wrote a song about you, but I realized I was already in love you while writing a couple songs." 

"Remember the song I asked your opinion for?" I nodded. 

"It was a confession song for you." 

"I kinda knew that." 

"So you're leaving tonight?" 

"Yes. I just have to." 

From there, I watched the smiles on his eyes fade. I don't know what to do; if I stay, I'd lose father, if I go, I'd lose him. 'What's the right to do Faith?' I thought to myself.

"Its okay. I can come and visit you right?" 

"Yea sure. But there's one more thing you need to know." 

"What is it?" 

Should I tell him? Should I tell him that I'm expected to get married when I get back? That I'm going to be a queen and that there will be a king waiting for me to say yes? 

"I'm only me when I'm with you. So make sure you'll always come visit." 

I couldn't. I couldn't hurt him twice.