Chapter 9

Its been 6 days now and I have no news from Gabriella. I'm worried sick. But aside from that, I miss her, I need to talk to her, to tell her how much Mikhail and I are getting along. I need to tell a soul about how happy I am - or maybe overjoyed. I've been spending everyday with Mikhail, its been a week I guess. 

There's still 5 days left until the Music Festival, and we are still composing our song, we'll have to finish by tomorrow because we're going to need a lot of time to rehearse. We're taking a day off today. I kinda miss him though. The day is almost over, the sun will set soon, I need to see his face at least a glimpse. 'Oh cupid let me see him before today ends' - I walked to my balcony day dreaming of the impossible.

"Hope!" A familiar voice that automatically made me smile. 

When I looked down, he signaled that I come down. Of course I won't come down without looking presentable - or maybe good. I dressed up a little. 

"Mikhail! What are you doing here? I thought its a day-off?" A little convincing maybe that I was not too excited to see him.

"There's a sea side party and my band is personally invited.I thought maybe you could come as a disguised member?" 

"You sure that'd be alright with your friends?" Thank God I decided to dress up a little. 

"Of course! They are outside waiting in the car." 

"Should I change?" Did I sounded like this was just my home clothes? - Humble. 

"No no. You look great for a beach party." He offered a hand - that I just might take. I bit my lower lip and held that hand. I realized - what a familiar incident, 'has this happened before?'.

We arrived at a hotel near a beach and there was a pack of people. Loud music and vibrant lights - they all feel amazing. We walked through the crowd and went straight near the stage. In a few minutes the Dj called for their band. 

"Help me welcome on the stage the Princes for the opening of the Music Festival!" The crowd cheered and applaud - I think they are really famous. 

"Good evening everyone!" Mikhail shouted while they start playing the intro, and then...

The crowd started to dance and party; some clapped along, some sang along. Watching him enjoy at the stage, I can't help but stare at him and smile. He suddenly looked at me - no, he was staring at me as he sang. Until people from the crowd realized it, they traced his line of vision and cleared a path directly from the stage up to me. People pulled me to stand right below the stage. 

The crowd cheered for encore and he then asked me to get up the stage. I suddenly felt nervous. I guess he knew what was I feeling - cause he held my hand, tight. Our fingers interlocked, our palms touched, I hope I did not sweat. 

"I don't know any of your songs." Worriedly said. 

"Yea you do. We sang one together, remember?" 

My Spanish wasn't that bad after all. After we sang we stood at our table, drank cocktails, ate finger foods. We partied all night, he never left my side. He wrapped his arm around my waist every time people come to greet him and introduces me as a new member - a co-vocalist. I bite my lower lip every time he does that. 

I got tired so I just stood by at our table finishing my drink. I looked around at every people in the party - they all seemed either rich, famous, or both. 

"You wanna get outta here?" Mikhail suddenly came from my back, touched my waist- frozen. 

"Do you?" 

"I don't mind if you do." I can't help but smile. 

I guess he took that smile as a yes. He held my hand - again, and we went to the shore. Apparently I wasn't the only one who felt bored in that party. People went out and set up camp fires. Of course, he did too. 

"I had it in the car for some reason." Defensively explained as he laid the sheet on the sand. 

"Of course you did." He chuckled and we sat down. 

"I'm sure you also have blanket." 

"Why are you cold? Cause I really do." We laughed together as he wrapped the blanket around me. 

"You know, I prefer your ginger hair." 

"Really?" 

"Why did you change by the way?" 

"Hmm, new place, new hair?" 

"Well if that's the case, I'm glad I took a picture of you before you changed it." 

"What? When did you--"

"When we first met. I took a picture of you before you left with Gabriella." He took out his phone, and scrolled into his photo album.

" He took out his phone, and scrolled into his photo album

At that moment, my heart beat became slower and slower. I swear it might stop anytime soon. I never had my picture taken before; other than royal purposes or anything rather. He showed it to me and all that it reminded me was Faith. She looked a lot like me, I guess - or at least as how I remembered her. 

"You looked really beautiful." 

"Thanks I guess?" 

"Your eyes were smiling so faintly. You look as if you're--" 

"Free." I finished his sentence. 

He looked at me, a very dreamy look. I know it, I see it from the corner of my eyes. I held my breath - should I look at him too? I'm afraid that if I do, he might...

He reached for my chin, turned my head to face him; and the next thing I know. Our lips touched, his soft, gentle lips were against my dry, probably rough lips. We sat still, with our lips tucked in in each others' as the fire slowly gave in to the night's gloom.