Chapter 17

"You girls ready?" Lucinda nicely asked as Uncle Igor helped Manuelo load our bags in the car. In the first place, I don't have the right to be mad about the fact that they loved each other. My feelings for Mikhail will be forced to be put aside, and even if it hurts - a lot, I can't do anything. Gabriella, however, has the choice and freedom to hate them. 

"I think we are, thank you aunt Lucinda." I respectfully replied while Gabriella jumped in the car and slammed the door without even saying good bye. 

"See you both in a week. Call us if you need anything, and look out for her will you Hope?" Uncle Igor said. 

"I will. See you." 

"Are you girls ready to go?" Manuelo asked as he looked at us from the rear view mirror. 

"Lets go Manuelo, get me as far away as you can." Gabriella exclaimed. She wore her earphones and leaned on the window. 

I put on my earphones too and tried myself to listen to an upbeat song. Because I'm starting a new chapter of my life, I'm finally making decisions, my own decisions. 

Realizing it by the mid part of the song, it was actually a break-up song. Was our relationship considered void now, without even a proper closure? Or, was our relationship even official? I know we were dating, I tried recalling if we did made it official, but I can't remember. 

'Stop Hope, stop thinking about him. Leave all his memories in Barcelona. Don't hate it as much as you hate Italy.' I thought to myself with my eyes closed. 

Come to think of it, I wonder where's Ethan now, and what did he think when he found out I was gone. I wonder if he came looking for me, I wonder if he really did loved me. Did Mikhail loved me too? I know this is absurd but I can't help but think about this; what if he only pursued me because he thought his mother would back out from the marriage if she knew he was in love with his relative? Why am I so pessimistic? Having thoughts about that gives me heart aches. 

We've been driving for an hour and Gabriella was still down, listening to music, looking out the window. 

"Gabbie. Have you chosen what song you'll sing at the audition?" 

"Oh hmm. Yeah, I'm singing an original." 

"Really? I didn't know you write songs too." 

"Yeah well, you inspired me." 

She smiled a little and I guess that's what I'm going to do; I'll try to get her head out of it and keep her busy with something else. She have helped me a lot, especially in my healing process. This is the least I can do for her, its my turn to return the favor. 

"So what do you wanna do when we get there?" I tried starting a new topic. 

"Hmm anything I guess." 

"Shopping? Or you can show me around Paris." 

"Hmm..." She pretended to think, while she smiled, she looked at me - the usual playful look my bubbly Gabbie always give me. 

"I say, both!" 

--- 

I fell asleep during the rest of the trip, our schedule will be packed soon. Gabriella's audition is scheduled tomorrow, whereas mine is the day after. We arrived at the apartment Uncle Igor rented for us. It has a nice french vibe and a good view of the Eiffel Tower. 

"Hope, I saw a boutique outside, you wanna check it out?" Although I am tired, I'm going anyways if this is the way to cheer her up. 

"Alright let me grab my purse." 

"We're going out to shop, see you guys for dinner." Gabbie talking to Manuelo and Esme as I grab my purse. 

There's just something about the French architecture that's got me so addicted with designs. They have this authentic, old fashioned yet luxurious and elegant vibe in every four-cornered shops in the street of Paris. From coffee shops, to clothing boutiques, bakery, and even book shops, their designs will be inviting you in. Paris indeed is the center for Arts and Music excellence - well as I define it. I'm in the right place in the right time. 

"So how are you?" Gabbie asked out of the blue

"You're curious huh--

"I guess I'm holding up." 

"I don't really know what comforting words to say." 

"You don't have to. I will be okay someday." 

"I can give him a call you know." I gave a cold look. There's something in me that still wants to talk to him, to see him - I miss him so bad. But if I have to move on, I also have to let him go. But maybe, one last? 

"I'll think about it." Maybe its time for me to get a phone. I've been wanting to try and use it anyways. 

"He misses you." I thought we were done with this page. Just a simple sentence bringing back thousands of memories. The wind blew, my cheeks froze, tears gathered in the corner of my eyes. Everything came back, it all came back to me. From the moment I first met him, to the days we spent together, the kiss - the kiss indeed, brought millions more back. 

I thought I was fine, then I realized, I fooled myself.