Chapter 11

Days passed and it was all memorable. We spent them running around Barcelona, watching every sunset, singing together. I never imagined I'd come to love singing this much, and him too. Today is the festival, I passed by the beach earlier when I jogged. There were a lot of big trucks assembling the stage and lights. I'm kinda excited. I've made up my mind, I'd like to attend a Music school. I don't know where yet, but I'm sure now of what I want. 

"Love?" There, my life walked in the front door. I can't help it, I keep smiling.

"Hey! Have you eaten?" 

"Uh, no. You wanna grab something to eat?" 

"I'll cook for you." 

"You cook?"

"Yea. I went for a jog earlier, and I bought groceries on my way back." 

"Oh, alright." He said smiling.

As I cook, my handsome man is playing his guitar by the counter. And every time I get the chance to pause, I'd lean towards him from across the counter, and he'd know what to do - kiss me. In one of those times, Gabriella came - she caught us though.

"Hey!--

"What is the meaning of this?!" Mikhail chuckled, and of course I bit my lower lip.

"I missed you!" I came running towards her to get a hug. 

"And I missed you too. So, you two a thing now?" Mikhail nodded while his face turned red. 

I added what I'm cooking for another serving since Gabbie arrived just on time. We ate our brunch by the pool. Its sunny, but at the same cloudy. Its a perfect weather for today's event. I'm starting to feel nervous though. Since its a festival, for sure there will be ten times more of the people from the bar that night I sang and definitely so much more compared to the sea-side party I came to the other night. 

"You really singing tonight?" Gabriella teasingly asked.

"Yes I am and stop thinking about it, cause I'm not. I might choke." 

"You won't. You're a natural." Mikhail held my hand as he tried to make me feel better.

After eating Mikhail took off to get ready, they will be singing the opening song for the festival tonight. While, me and Gabbie went out to shop. This never gets old. 

---

Gabriella was too excited to attend the festival, we got ready way ahead of time. 

"Gabbie, its not starting till 6pm." 

"Come on, early bird, to get the best seat."

"Its just 3pm. Why do you wanna get there 3 hours ahead? Even Mikhail and his group isn't there yet." 

"Please? Manuelo is already at the car waiting."

"Fine." I can't help but smile either. The truth is, I'm really nervous and I just want to delay as much time as I can. We're somewhere near the beach and the traffic is bad. Thank God Gabriella insisted. She was too excited so we went out of the car and just walked to get there. As I assumed it, there will thousands of people here today. From afar, we could hear the music from the loud bass speakers. My heart beats together with every beat of the song that's playing. 

We arrive and there is a long line in the entrance; registration I guess or something. Its too loud in here, people screaming probably from excitement too, some are angry because of the slow registration process, and of course the loud music.

"Come on, lets go in front." 

"We're not cutting line." 

"Just trust me." She pulled me as we swift beside the long line, people were complaining already. 

"Sorry Miss, the end of the line is this way." The person behind the table said sarcastically without even looking at us. 

"Well, I'm sorry too. She's a contestant and the girlfriend of the Princes' vocalist." The person then looked at us out of words. 

"Yeah, take a good look." Gabriella added. Then they asked us to write our names under the VIP list, gave us a stamped and let us in. The long line of people behind us were complaining. "You're not even sure if they're telling the truth!" Someone from the line shouted.

"We'll prove it to you! Wait for her at the stage! J-ass!" As predicted, Gabriella won't back down easily. Then we laughed together as we walked in. I looked around - I'm assuming you all know who I was looking for already. 

"Hey! You came right on time!" Mikhail came running to me. 

"Yea thanks to me." Gabriella playfully interrupted. 

"Come sit with us then." Gabriella walked proudly beside Mikhail, getting all the free passes to sit at the VIP area - the second best seat, with a perfect view of the stage, of course, the judges will have the best.

"Guys! This is Hope and her cousin Gabriella; these are my friends and my band." 

"Please to meet you." I greet them as we shook their hands. 

"Hello, pleasure to meet you." One of Mikhail's friends reached for Gabbie's hand, but not to shake though, he slowly kissed her hand. 

"Oh. The pleasure is mine." Typical Gabriella. 

"I'm sitting with him." She whispered to us and we laughed. One hour left and the festival will begin. I'm feeling more and more nervous - I sat quietly, watching people move around. I wish Faith was here, she was the one who used to love singing a lot. She just forces me to sing along with her so it would be a duet. This was her dream, to be a singer, to sing in front of a crowd who would cheer for her. I'll do this for her. 

"Are you nervous?" Mikhail held my hand. 

"A little."

"You'll be fine. I'll be by your side." Of course, I bit my lip and nodded. 

As soon as the sun set, the event began, the Master of ceremony introduced the sponsors and the host of the event. In a few minutes he called out Mikhail and the group for the opening song. What happened next would be the most memorable moment of my life. 

Since the sky slowly dimmed, a spotlight lit to our seat, highlighting them. They stood up - Mikhail stood up, waved his hand to the crowd behind us, and bent down to kiss me. Everything around me stopped, its like the world stopped. As soon as he walked away, I looked at Gabriella as I held my lips. She was blushing too much. 

"Good evening Barcelona!" He shouted and they started to sing. Everyone was cheering, they all stood up and danced. While me, I sat there out of words, blushing to death. I grasp for my breath - I am definitely in love. I love him!

"I love you." I mouthed to Mikhail when he looked at me while he was singing.