Chapter 33

My room looked exactly how I left it; but I didn't return as the old me. I felt like I lost a big part of me. A lot has happened in two months, I hate how I've become - weak and vulnerable. I miss having Gabbie around, I got used to being with her, even if it was only for a while. 

"Your highness, someone is here to see you." One of my chamber maids came. 

I wondered who it was, who would possibly visit me. I don't know anybody personally around here. I slowly walked my way down, dragging the train of my dress. 

"Hope!" A familiar voice. 

"Gabriella! What are you doing here?!" 

"How about we talk about that later? I missed you." Tears welled up in my eyes but I'm sure I'm smiling crazily. 

I ran to her and hugged her. I gave her a tour around the castle and eventually hanged around the garden. Its my favorite place in the castle - father said, this was our mother's personal space. She cherished the flowers more than she cherished him. Somehow, being in here, feels like I'm with her. 

"So what's the real reason you're here? You won't just come to Ireland just because you miss me." 

"We're moving in Scotland." 

"Why?" 

"For some reason, dad revived the royal stuff again." 

"She's arranging you to get married too?" 

"Not me." 

That moment, I felt like a punch in my chest, again. If its not her, then its definitely one of her three brothers; and the possibility that its him, is a hundred percent. 

"A princess in Scotland will be crowned Queen in two weeks, so she has to get married in order to rule her kingdom." 

"Sounds familiar." 

"What about you? Did you father nagged you again about the same thing?" 

"He haven't; at least." 

"I'm only staying for awhile. I left before them and I'm not sure if their coming down here." 

"I hope they don't." We giggled. 

Honestly, I'm not bothered. The punch on my chest just now isn't because I'm hurt again that he might get married. Why? Because technically, I have the same fate as whoever he's going to marry. That punch on my chest, was more like, a wake up call - that father, might probably talk about it again. 

I was watching movies with Gabbie in my room when we heard noises. We went over to the stairs' foyer to see who it was.

"What a lovely home Vernon." Lucinda said. Gabbie and I looked at each other.

"Mom." Gabbie softly called her, and slowly ran downstairs, cautiously looking at me. Truthfully, I'm happy for her, she has a mom at least. 

"Aislinn? Aren't you gonna come down?" Father said. 

"Sure I am. Hi Aunt Lucinda, Uncle Igor..." And looked at everyone else. 

"Aislinn why don't you show the boys their room?" -father.

"I'll come with you." Gabbie exclaimed. It was awkward walking them to the quiet hallways of where I grew up.

"Your highness, may I say you look lovely?" Leon said, Mikhail's younger brother. 

"Thanks Leon. This will be your room, and if you guys don't wanna stay together, there are extra rooms ahead. Just let the chambermaids know." 

Gabriella went inside with Leon and explored the room. Jaime, Mikhail's older brother went on a different room; I was left with him in the hallway. 

"Congratulations...in advance."

"Thanks."

"Gabbie come on." 

"Uhh, Hope..." 

"Don't Michael." Gabbie stopped him when he tried to reach for my arm. 

"I mean it. Thank you, and I hope you're well." 

"Its okay Gabbie; and I am, you should be too." I flashed a smile and walked away with Gabbie.

"So how are you? How was being a family?" I opened a topic as we made our way back to my room.

"Well at first it was awkward but it was fun having siblings. I always wanted a younger brother, and Leon became one. While Jaime always seemed mysterious and serious, but actually he's fine." 

"And--"

"No its okay Gabbie. I don't wanna know." 

"As I assumed." 

"What I really wanna know is who's he marrying." 

"All I know is that she's famous. They haven't gone into details." 

"Aislinn?" As we approached the living room where they gathered, father called out for my name. 

"Gabriella, why don't get ready for dinner honey?" Lucinda said. 

"But I'm okay." Gabbie defensively answered. 

"Just do what you're told Gabriella." Uncle Igor said. 

At that moment, I had a hunch; I felt like I know what's going to happen next. I actually pirctured this moment a while ago, it was still vague in my memory. The only thing different was I didn't expect that there would be other people around. 

"Why don't you sit beside me honey?" Lucinda gently pulled me to sit beside her. It was awkward, not because that I never had a mother-figure all my life. But because she's the mother of someone I used to love. 

"Aislinn..." -father. 

"I know what you're gonna say. Let me think about it." I excused myself and left to my room. On my way, I bumped into Gabbie. 

"What's wrong?" Gabbie asked. 

"They opened the topic." 

"Cheer up. We always knew they would. Come on, dinner will be served soon." 

"Tell them I'm not hungry." 

---

I was standing at the balcony, enjoying the fresh air. The stars sparkles different in here, they always seemed brighter in here. Probably because our city does not have too many bright lights. 

"Why aren't you eating?" Unfamiliar voice approached. I turned around to see who it was. 

"Oh. I'm not hungry." It was Jaime. 

"I think this would be our first time talking." 

"Yes." 

"I felt bad for you...and Michael." 

"I'm over it now." 

"I know he isn't. You were the first to straighten him out, after our dad died." I don't know what to say. 

"I was married once too. I missed her." He added as he sipped into his wine. 

"What happened?" 

"At first I didn't want to. But eventually, I did. But it was too late, cause when I did, she left." 

"If you're even going to accept your father's offer, I'd say you embrace it. You'll learn to love him eventually, just don't take too long." 

"How do I do that?" 

"You can start by accepting that we don't live ordinary lives." He said as he turned and walked away.