Chapter 13

"Love, I got a text from Gabriella." Mikhail exclaimed as we walk by the shore line.'Stroll around for a while, your fans are following us. Don't worry, Mikhail's friends are dropping me off. Take care, xoxo.'

He held my hand as I read the text; the waves crashing on our feet, leaving footprints only for the waves to wipe. 

"So wanna grab some food before I take you home?" 

"Sure. I'm starting to feel hungry." 

We carefully crossed sidewalks, but it seemed that they don't recognized me. So we decided to eat at a 24-hour restaurant. Since his friends took his car, we spent our peaceful night walking around Barcelona. I didn't mind the chilly breeze, as long as I have my man beside me. 

We teased each other as we walked pass a lot of kiosk selling newspaper with my face on it. It hit me; I have to go home now, I have indeed found love. 

"Mikhail..." 

"Uhuh?"

"I think I'm ready to go home now." His faced turned pale within seconds, i felt guilty for cutting sentences.

"I mean, finally introduce you to who I really am." He sighed in relief. 

"What do you mean?" 

"I mean, you know that I ran away right? I wanna go home, with you." 

"Are you sure that would be fine? I'm just an ordinary guy." 

"No you're not. You're the son of the most influencing woman."

"I am when I want to be Hope." 

Its the first time I witnessed him upset. Does he hate his mother that much for him to leave her out of the picture? We arrived at the restaurant, we ordered and ate quietly. I don't know, and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say sorry. He was really upset, he won't even look at me, nor notice that I'm with him. I didn't want him to misunderstand, I didn't mean that he had to be extra ordinary for him to meet my father. Although it seemed like he has to be, I will try my best to protect him from my father's demands. 

"Hey I'm sorry. Please don't take it the wrong way."

"Its okay Hope, lets not talk about it. Finish your food and I'll take you home, its getting late." 

Suddenly that last gulp was so hard to swallow. That hit me like a dart straight to my heart. I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself before I even breakdown. My tears gathered at the corner of my eyes. I looked up to prevent it from falling, as if that helps literally. 

As I assumed, after we finished, he hurriedly paid the bill and we walked separately - he was ahead of a few steps. Until we arrived at home, he didn't even talked to me. But he did went inside for courtesy I guess; and I never thought it would be the beginning of this happy ending. 

"Hope! Run! Run away!" Gabbie was waiting for me outside the door. I believed Mikhail heard it. I was confused; judging Gabbie's tone and expression, something is definitely wrong. 

"What? What's wrong?" 

"Dad! He's here to get you." 

"Who?" Mikhail interrupted as he stood behind me. 

"Please, Mikhail, take her as far as you can." 

"She's not going anywhere but with us Gabriella." Uncle Igor's voice is still as deep and low as before. He used to give me chills - the chills that are scary. My heart beat fast, so fast I'm about to cry - I'm doomed. 

"Good evening sir. I'm Mikhail." 

"I know who you are, Lopez, as you cling around my niece, you should reconcile with your mother." 

I had a long heated conversation with Uncle Igor. He obviously scolded me like a little child, forcing me to go home. I told him that I was already planning to, that I'm ready to. But he wanted it to happen as soon as possible. I can't - just leave, I'm not ready yet to leave Mikhail. Especially now, knowing he is hesitating to come. I can't help it, I sobbed, I begged - but he was just too cold. 

"We're leaving first thing in the morning!" He left the room. 

"Hope..." Gabriella came in as soon as his father went upstairs. 

"I'll come with you, okay? Don't worry." 

"Mikhail?" 

"I'm here." He was behind the door, again, hesitating. 

"So am I." He added. I calmed a little, knowing both of them are coming with me. I packed my bags as I sobbed. 

"Come on, stop crying. Everything will be alright." Gabbie hugged me, trying to make me feel better. "We'll be with you every step of the way." 

Before I knew it, I fell asleep, and now I'm waking up to the sound of Uncle Igor's voice saying those hurtful words. I'm not even sure if father will accept Mikhail, and even if I know to myself that I will do everything to make him accept that I love Mikhail, I don't know would I do when I get there. It is indeed the beginning of our happy ending.