Chapter 21

"Get a pair, you'll work together for the whole semester." Our musical director said as she entered our classroom hall. 

Our classes started rough, Gabriella and I were in different sections, hence different schedules. I still get to eat lunch with her though. Our first assignment was to get a partner; everyone else knew each other from the audition. I happened to be so bad at making friends, its pathetic to admit, I don't know how to make friends. I looked around the room, and there was only one who still haven't got a partner.

"What are you two waiting for?" The director raised her voice.

I couldn't even see my partner's face as he was standing at the other end of the room, while I was on the other. We met half way; this familiar footsteps enveloped the noise in the room, as if it was the only think I could hear. 

It was Joseph. 

"Your first task is to identify the vocal weaknesses of your partner. On our next meeting, prepare an introductory song that you both will perform. End of class." 

I've seen several movies that involved music schools like, Save the Last Dance, Step Up: Streets, and etc.. I didn't imagined that it really does happen in real life. How can our musical director be so cool in her own way without even introducing herself. 

Everyone else from my class left with their partner, probably they're already half way in completing their task since they all know each other a little too well. On the other hand, there was me, standing in a hallowed hall, with sun rays shining from the windows. 

"I'm Joe." A voice echoed. A cold, steady voice. 

"Hope." 

"Interesting." Awkward silence obscured the room. 

"We should probably go out. There's another class." He murmured. 

"Pssh." He suddenly held my wrist and pulled me. I did not realized there were students coming in the room. I was too engrossed to the thought of him speaking to me. I misjudged him obviously. 

"What's wrong with you?" We were standing in the hallway, people were passing by, and we just stood still in the middle. He stared at me, with that glaring look in his eyes again. I'm still puzzled as to why he keeps looking at me that way. To me, everything seemed to be on fast-forward; literally the same when I was with Ethan. But why does he make me feel like how Mikhail makes me feel. 

"Why do you hate me so much?" Nothing came out from my mouth that was even relevant to what he asked me.

"I don't." He was obviously taken aback. 

"Yeah you do." He coldly turned his back on me. 'Rude' - I convinced myself that even if he makes me feel like Mikhail does, he is nothing compared to him, not even close. 

"I'm trying to figure you out. I couldn't, and it annoys me." He slowly walked away. I watched him, he was only looking down - but people naturally stayed out of his way.

"Hope! There you are! I have something to tell you!" Gabbie came running from behind. I acknowledged her, but my eyes were glued to his back, I continued watching him as he slowly disappeared my line of vision, then only I paid attention to Gabbie. 

"He is the Head Director's younger brother!" 

"What?" 

"Joseph! I was wondering where I heard the name Hart. At first I thought it was just coincidence but I asked around. He's technically famous, he is the younger brother of the Head Director." 

"So that explains it."

"Explains what?"

"His rude behavior." 

I annoyingly walked on the opposite direction that he took. I hope Gabbie did not misunderstood that. He keeps lingering in my head, why! I'm still curious, I want to ask him so many questions, why did he just took off. I'm here at the library, reading since my first class ended so soon, I have a lot of free time before my next class. I quietly browse the pages of the book I'm currently reading. Suddenly someone came and said:

"May I borrow it? You're not reading it anyways." I thought to myself, how can someone be so rude to someone they don't even know. I looked up to see who it was so I can tell him off. 

"You again." Surprisingly not surprised, it was Joseph - again. 

"Excuse me I'm reading it." 

"No you're not. I've been watching you from my seat and you browsed in between pages. If you can read an entire two-page descriptive information in two minutes then I'll believe you." Annoyingly, he was right. I wasn't even reading. But of course I won't back down.

"Still, I got it. Get yourself something else." He quietly left. I kinda felt guilty that I told him off since he just left without saying another word. Then suddenly he came back with his bag and sat in front me. 

"Seriously? Were you born to annoy me?!" 

"Ssshh." The librarian and other students glared at me.

"Sorry." I mouthed. Embarrassingly I grabbed my bag, returned the books and left the library. But of course, he followed. 

"Please Joseph, leave me alone." 

"We're supposed to be getting to know each other." 

"Why would I even get myself involved with you, you're so annoying." 

"Alright I'm sorry. I just hate being here and I'm sorry I'm venting it all on you." 

"Yeah! So why!" I'm really curious. 

"You remind me of someone I hate." I glared at him. Suddenly a group of girls came.

"Joe! Can we take a photo?" they were screaming and joyfully pushing each other, but I was annoyed cause I was pushed aside. I believed he saw me got pushed at the side. These girls were mad; crazy to not see his rude side - I, unfortunately know it. But come to think of it, its the first time I'm seeing his smile. 

He was leaning on a wall as he was signing autographs, then the girls were taking his photo. I took one for myself. 

Please don't take it wrong, I just couldn't see him clearly from my position and I had to take a photo of him so I could see him clearly

Please don't take it wrong, I just couldn't see him clearly from my position and I had to take a photo of him so I could see him clearly. But not in a way that I wanna see him. 

'Stop denying Hope' a voice in my head suddenly said, totally the opposite of what I truly feel. But what do I truly feel? 

'Sparks fly - when he smiles, its like, sparks fly' the same voice in my head answered.