Chapter 14

We arrived in France, in the Denali's mansion. My father is supposed to be there waiting, and I'm still out of words. I don't know how to explain to him, how to introduce Mikhail, and how do I even begin in asking for forgiveness. 

I got off the car, I stood at the front door, counting my breath. I took a deep sigh, gathering all my strength to face him. 

"Aislinn! My daughter!" Before I even took a step, he came, then hugged me. I looked over my father's shoulder - I looked at Mikhail whose standing just a few steps in front of me. I can tell by his expression that he is confused. 

"Father. I'm sorry." 

"We'll talk about it later. I'm just glad you're alright." 

"Why wouldn't I be?" He escorted me inside the house. While Gabbie kept Mikhail accompanied. 

"Could you please prepare the meal now at the garden." Uncle Igor ordered one of their maid. 

"Go wash up, breakfast will be served soon." Father said. 

"Gabriella, escort Mr. Lopez to the guest room." Uncle said. 

As we all went to our own rooms to prepare for breakfast, I feel very uneasy. I can't get hold of myself, what do I do and how do I do it? I sat down pondering. 

"Hope, you ready?" Gabbie checked on me. Obviously, I'm not. I looked at her hopelessly. 

"Should I run away again?"

"Face it this time. You have him with you." 

"But what if he does not like him for me? What if he insisted on the arrange marriage? What do I do then?" 

"Worry about that later. For now, focus on making him like Mikhail." She pulled me up and helped me brushed my hair. She knew me so much, she knew brushing my hair would ease whatever I'm feeling inside - it calms me. 

When we went out the room, I saw my father talking to Mikhail by the corridor. They were too far, for me to hear anything. The mood was stable, I hope everything is fine. I don't want anything ruining my best chance of having the love of my life be my husband. I felt worried all over again.

As we sat quietly around the breakfast table, the tension was up to our necks

As we sat quietly around the breakfast table, the tension was up to our necks. No one was talking, no one dared to talk about anything, especially my little escapade to Europe. 

"Aislinn. We'll be flying back to Ireland the day after tomorrow, I suggest you clean your mess as soon as possible." Father exclaimed. I looked at Mikhail, and he didn't even flinched, nor react to what he just heard. I'm confused now, and my heart felt like it was going to explode anytime soon. Just what did father told him that he had to stay silent. Did he blew him off? Did he asked him to leave me alone? Or worse, did he told him he was going to marry me off to someone else? I'm about to go mad!

"Father, I'd like to talk to you in private." Everyone looked at me, except for Mikhail. It crushes my heart into million pieces, slowly - piece by piece. 

As soon as we finished eating, we talked in the living room, while everyone stayed in the garden. 

"I don't wanna marry that prince. I'm in love." 

"Please Aislinn, what do you know about love?" 

"More than you do father. I hate to disrespect you, but I love Mikhail." That loving father who I met by the door just now is a different person now. 

"You can't be possibly in love with someone you barely know!" His voice raised, inviting everyone back inside the house. 

"And you can't judge someone you barely know too father." 

"Mr. Michael Lee Lopez." He called out. 'Michael?'

"His real name is Michael, the son of Lucinda Lopez. And his name was not the only thing he lied to you about." I looked at Mikhail, and he gave me this pitiful look. I should have not brought him, he should have not come. I was left speechless, my knees are trembling, my hands are shaking. Gabriella stood beside me and held me. 

"Lucinda Lopez is engaged to your Uncle Igor." I looked at Gabriella and in my head I asked, 'do you know about this?'

"I know nothing about this. Is this true father?" Gabriella angrily asked her father. 

"And he knows about it." Father added. 'Mikhail knows?' There's so much going on, cold sweats, but not just on my hands, I feel it everywhere. 

I looked at Mikhail, and he just stood still, looking at the floor. I don't know what to feel, should I get mad? Should I cry? Am I upset? I don't know what's going on. I held on tight of Gabriella's hand as I grasped for air - I can't breathe

Before I knew it, I fell - fell deep, in a dark place. My eyes were wide open, but it slowly turned black. I know I'm awake but can't see anyone.

Their voices calling out for my name slowly faded.