Close Call

Laurence POV

"He's going to come back for you and he's going to be fucking pissed" I say to Kier, trying to catch my breath after being dragged off.

"Yeah, hopefully I don't get fucked up too much" he smirks and looks down at his feet, studying the ground under him.

"And by the way, thanks for standing up for me" I thank him with a smile and he returns one back. I can feel my cheeks starting to heat up and try to hide it by pretending to clean off my glasses with my shirt so I could hide behind my fringe when I looked down.

"Hey it's no problem, I can't have people picking on my friends like that" he smiled again watching me as I placed my glasses back on my face.

Friends. I wish he knew how much more he meant to me than that but I could never tell him. I don't want to ruin our friendship. I wouldn't be good enough for him anyways, there's nothing special about me.

"Anyways.." Kier says, cutting off my thoughts, "I just need to survive tomorrow then we're off school for the holidays"

"Oh right, Christmas and New Years." I completely forgot.

"Yup, anyways, I'll see you tomorrow" Kier said waving goodbye as he walked away.

"See you then" I called back and waved slightly before also heading home.

Kier POV

The next day was about as slow as every other day but it felt even slower knowing I got to be out of school for a while after this day. Then there was also that I was in constant risk of getting the shit beat out of me because of yesterday. Finally the school bell rung for the last time and I jolted out of class, trying to meet up where I knew my friends were before Luke and his friends found me. I wasn't that lucky.

"Hey there's little Kampy! Ready to finished what you started?" Luke threatened as he walked closer to me, cracking his knuckles, preparing to smash my face in. "You won't be recognizable once I'm done with you." He grabbed me by my shirt and slammed me against a locker and raised his free hand into a fist. Luke swung at me and I managed to dodge it so he hit the lockers behind me. While distracted by hurting his fist I kneed him in the crotch and ran off, dodging his friends and eventually losing them and reaching my friends who were all waiting. I had a strong feeling this would be an interesting break, and I wasn't sure why yet.