Mother Knows Best

Harmony walked next to Persephone with her arms crossed looking anywhere but at her.

"This looks like the perfect spot, don't you think Harmony?" Persephone asked setting up the picnic.

Harmony just rolled her eyes and leaned against a tree.

"I packed pink lemonade, I heard you like it." Persephone showed her a water bottle full of pink liquid.

"Lets just get this over with." Harmony sighed as she sat down looking at the food. "Look, just tell me the real reason you came."

"Can't a mother come see her daughter?" Persephone replied.

"Not when she's been gone for sixteen years without so much as a note or even a card for special occasions, you missed all my birthdays, all my performances, you didn't even show up whenever I was in danger like when I was on a plank on a pirate ship for example."

"I'm trying to make up for it now. It's not like I had a choice. Your father didn't love me anymore, your uncles didn't want you and neither did any of the other Gods."

"You shouldn't have cared, they are all nothing but selfish jerks, it's their faults my father was marked as a villain."

"Yes, I know, that's why I fell in love with him in the first place. I knew he wasn't all bad, just unlucky and misunderstood." Persephone said. "I know why you love him, and if anyone actually got to know him they'd know he's a great guy too. But his work came before me and I knew he didn't love me back."

Harmony looked at her, since Gods can't tell lies it was nice to hear she meant that. "You're right, my dad is a great guy."

Persephone nodded. "And he raised a great girl, just look at how you turned out. You're so talented, you have true friends, and you make your father proud everyday."

"Where you going with this?" Harmony asked.

"I have something for you." Persephone took a present out of her pocket and gave it to Harmony.

"It's a necklace isn't it?" Harmony guessed before she even opened it.

"How did you know?"

"Small box shaped, not that hard to figure out." Harmony opened it (see on top) "Hey wait, this looks familiar."

"Put it on." Persephone encouraged.

"Where have I seen this before?" Harmony wondered.

"Here, let me help you." Persephone grabs the necklace and puts it around her neck. "Perfect and it goes with your outfit perfectly, now how about that pink lemonade."

Harmony shrugged and took a big drink of it swallowing some before she spits the rest out. "What is this?!"

Persephone roughly grabbed Harmony and saw the necklace she gave her started to glow making her smile. "Harmony...

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Mother knows best
One way or another
Something will go wrong, I swear
Ruffians and thugs, poison ivy, quicksand
Cannibals and snakes, the plague

No! Yes! But

Also large bugs
Men with pointy teeth, and
Stop, no more, you'll just upset me
Mother's right here
Mother will protect you
Darling, here's what I suggest
Skip the drama
Stay with mama
Mother knows best.

Harmony's eyes went from angry to trusting before they became full of love.

"Harmony, do you love me?"

Harmony hugged her and gave her a kiss on her cheek. "Yes mommy."