Chapter 12: The Betrayal - Mark

Mark

Dan and I spend the next few minutes discussing what needs to be done. We talked about how to handle this delicate situation with an extreme climax. Dan will wait for Don Millhouse to come outside. He will start across the street, pick up speed and then take him out before Donald has a chance to see the night sky. An idiot could handle this job, so Dan will be the perfect patsy.

There is no doubt in my mind that Millhouse planned to use this information against me, but this will be his end. Luckily Dan is like a puppy, no questions asked, and he will follow my lead.

Once we are done discussing what needs to be done, Dan and I sit back and relax. We have a drink and reminisce about the good times. It's been a while since we talked. I need an ally right now, but is he my friend or foe?

"Hey Kev, did you hear that Calvin Roth just came home? He was working on one of the Roth Corp. oil rigs and the story is, the guy came home looking like a caveman." Dan says with a chuckle, and I sit back in my chair.

After it registers, I ask, "What did you say? Calvin came home? Why didn't anyone notify me? Where the hell are our people? When did he get back?"

The wheels start turning.

Shit, Millhouse went and found the real Calvin... That mother...

Dan replies, "Wow, I didn't think you cared. He came back last night. We were notified by his maid. She was all nervous and jerky, but I got her to calm down. Kevin, is everything okay?"

Now, I'm dumbfounded. Son of a bitch, someone else playing with me too!

I exclaim, "No, it's not alright. This is a fucking cluster fuck!"

As I lean into the light, Dan is completely stunned by my appearance. He leans back in his chair and looks shocked by the sight of me.

"What the hell, man? When did you do that?" He shouts extremely loud.

Looking at him, I back away from the light once more. I then explain my story.

"Remember back, when we had that little accident, 5 years ago, this is how I woke up. I was in a coma for 5 years and at some point, someone turned me into Calvin Roth. So telling me he's home is a little upsetting." I bark.

With a shocked expression, he says, "Jesus, that's insane!"

"I know, and when I came too, no one was around. Just a woman on the phone giving me a wake-up call. I've been this way, ever since, and waiting for someone to tell me what the fuck is going on around here. Oh, and no one thought to tell me the man I've been impersonating was still alive! Son of a bitch!" I exclaim exuberantly, and Dan is dumbfounded.

He says shaking his head, "Bud, I did not know. That is fucking nuts."

"Tell me what you know?" I retort.

Dan looks at me and says, "Okay, but it's not much. Calvin took off after your brief conversation about Amy and went to work on one of the oil rigs. He stayed there, never leaving it until yesterday when Don Millhouse picked him up and brought him home. Clara Taylor called the Community, freaking out that she had been contacted and told he was returning."

He chuckles a bit and adds, "I guess he scared the shit out of her when he arrived. Calvin looked like a homeless man. She had to call in a girl to clean him up. Guess he's built like a brick shit house. The guy is huge, so if you're going to play the role, you better start pumping up, man."