Chapter 14: K. Ryan Investigation - Nick

Nick Anderson - Tape: Part 5

Today Amelia will finally meet Jacob Goodwin, my nephew. For several years now, Elizabeth and Sandra have been telling her all about Jacob. My niece believes they would make the perfect couple and I could not agree more. We have been promoting the idea of Jay to Amy for five years ourselves, and I have a feeling tonight, after graduation, is the night.

Amelia has not been with anyone since Kevin. She has talked to Elizabeth many times about Jay and I'm rather excited to see if she takes to him, as Amy did with Kevin on her first day of college. My nephew Jacob would be so good for her. He's a man of honor, he always chooses the right path, Jay has a big heart and is loyal to a fault. They don't come better than him. My nephew is like a beacon of hope for our empire, and I hope Amelia picks him to be her mate.

What beautiful children they would make together and once he knows about her abilities; Jacob will do the right thing. He will save his father's life and many more from so many wretched diseases. Amelia is a gift from God, and so is Jacob. Together these two will save humanity. Plus, he will then become the heir to a substantial fortune, all while getting retribution for what the Roth's have done to me.

They will be left out in the cold, with nothing if this all works out. For some reason I am nervous, it's not like I'll be meeting the love of my life this afternoon, but my nephew will be, in just a few more hours. We have two more years with Amelia, under our thumb, but after that, she's on her own.

Kevin has been talked to and he can only observe her at this point. Still, we can keep watch on him, with surveillance equipment and Dan's help, of course.

Faking that episode with Dan and Slave being tortured could not have gone better for us. Kevin believed it hook, line and sinker, along with the rest of the congregation. It was very violent but powerful, and I think that display was a wake-up call to all of our watchers. It showed that we are all-knowing, that if you falter, we will catch you and you will pay the price for disobeying the Supreme ruler.

Since then we have not had any problems, Kevin has done as he's been told lately, but it's killing him to watch her each day. We gave him one little camera, that's off-center, near the door. I did not want him watching Amelia and Elizabeth during their private moments any longer. It was a travesty; the man is a pig, and I wish we had known Kevin had added all those extra cameras back then.

For the next two years, he will continue to monitor Amelia and if that doesn't break him, nothing will. I know this man is Mark; he has changed, but I'm right about him.

Watching my sister and her family walk up to their dorm room is so thrilling. Jay looks very handsome in his new suit and blue Penn State tie, very dashing. His mother, Sandra, knows we are watching this all play out. She is on her best behavior today, which I've seen, and that's good. My sister smothers Jacob, but I warned her to leave him alone tonight.

His father James seems ambivalent about their meeting today. At first, he was against all of this and even relinquished his seat at the beginning. But now, with Sandra's help, he's come around, hopefully.

While watching the same video as Kevin, I'm sure that once Jay arrives it will upset him, but this is the way it's going to be whether he agrees with the plan. Within minutes of the Goodwin's walking in the door, Dom's phone rings.

Looking at him, I nod as he answers the call, but I refuse to stop watching their first meeting. While listening to their conversation, I can't take my eyes off of these two and seeing the chemistry between them flourish almost immediately.