+5+

Yeonjun's POV

As I started at Y/n's drenched state, I couldn't seem to take my eyes off of her. There was just something about her that always made my eyes gaze at her. 

"Can't believe he's ditching us for her", Soobin said as he nudged my side.

"Huh?... oh um yeah..", I muttered as I looked away from her. "I think I'm just gonna head home"

"Really? But it's so early?"

"I'm tired Soobin, I'll see you tomorrow", I stated before turning away and walking home.

The closer I got to my home, the more i quickened my pace. I felt different and I didn't like it.

As I reached my home, I quickly opened the door and slammed it shut, placing my back up against it. I internally groaned as I ran my fingers through my hair and slid down the door until I was sitting on the floor. I couldn't understand what she was doing to me. But I knew there was only one way to stop it: I had to stay away from her.

Y/n's POV

As the two of you walked down the street, his hand in yours, you felt a sense of security. It was if nothing could hurt you, so long as he was beside you.

"Are you at your dads?", he said without looking back at you.

"Yeah I am.."

Beomgyu muttered an okay before continuing to drag you down the streets.

The walk to your home with long and quiet, every time either one of you wanted to speak it seemed as if something was preventing you both from letting the words come out and every time you took a glance over at him you could see something on his mind was bothering him. However, you never brought yourself to ask him about it.

As he walked you to your front porch, he slowly loosened his grip on your hand before letting go fully.

"Thanks for walking me home Beomgyu.. but you really didn't have too"

"I just had to make sure you were alright", he muttered. "But I guess I should be heading home"

Beomgyu smiled and gave you a slight wave before he turned away and began to walk off down your path. You watched from your porch as he made his way down the street and soon was out of view. 

As you looked down at the hand that once was in the grasp of Beomgyu's. As you gently caressed it with your other hand, you felt a smile creep onto you face. 

"He wanted to know that I'm alright...", you whispered as the smile on your face grew bigger.

As you felt yourself get giddier by the moment, you hastily opened your front door and stepped inside. Feeling happy and content, you leaned back against the door and slid down it until you were sitting on the floor. As you sat there, thinking about the boy you loved, across town another person was sitting in the exact same position as you. However, his mind was thinking about the girl he possibly was falling for.

----------------

"Morning Y/n!", Kai said happily from his seat as he watched you enter the classroom.

You gave your brother a quick smile before taking your seat beside him. Every so often Kai was say a few words, but you never responded. Although he was your brother, you found it extremely hard to put together a string of words to respond to him. The years apart from one another was taking it's toll on you and you feared it wasn't long before you no longer would utter a word to each other.

"Are you free tonight?"

"What?", you blurted out in shock.

"I just wanted to know if you were free tonight.. I was hoping we could hang out again.. like we used to", he said sadly. "But I'm guessing your response means-"

"I'd love to hang out tonight, but you'd have to wait until after my tutoring", you said with a smile.

You watched as the boy's expression brightened up by your words. He would've reply to you, but your teacher entered the room and began to start with the lesson.

For some reason, today's classes seemed to go by a lot quicker than usual and it wasn't long before you found yourself sitting on the school's rooftop during lunch. As you sat in your usual seat, enjoying the peace and quiet, you heard the rooftop door slam open.

"Y/N!!", Yoona screamed as she ran over to you.

"What?", you groaned as you turned around in your seat to face her.

"I have bad news..."

"What is it?", you asked, slightly intrigued by what she had to say. As you waited for her to speak, you picked up your water bottle and took a drink from it.

"It's Beomgyu, I think he's in love with someone else.... He came home last night all flustered after walking some girl home and told me he might be in love", Yoona said softly.

For a brief moment you felt a twinge of sadness, however, that was until you realised you were the girl. You were the person Beomgyu walked home last night. You were one Beomgyu was in love with. 

Your eyes widened in realisation as you choked on your water.

"Oh my god! Y/n are you okay?", Yoona cried out as she helped your choking form.

"Y-yeah.. It's just...", you said between breaths with your eyes watery. "I was the girl"

"wait... you were... WHAT!", Yoona said before screaming in delight.

Yoona continued crying out in joy over this newfound discovery, as you sat there in silence, to stunned to speak. Did Beomgyu really like you?