Fairy Unexpected

(See what I did with the title😆)

___

~~~~~ (*****^-^*****) ~~~~~

___

It had been a few months since the start of school, and it wasn't as bad as she thought. Of course, she didn't have any friends, but when had she anyway? Her favorite class was English with Ms. York. She got to write what she wanted, and nobody would judge her. She had just finished 'The Cemetery of the Undead' for her project the other day. ^Ya, pretty self-explanatory.^

Since she was the TA for Ms. York, she got to read all the other students' stories. She had read everyone's stories except for Conner's. Well, she was holding out.

She didn't want to read Conner Bailey's stories. They were always short and had more little drawings on them. She was afraid of what he imagined. From all of the sketches she had seen him do over the months, she was scared. Not scared of him, scared of his imagination. He seemed like a very imaginative kid. I mean, that frog/man still creeped her out. Not that it was scary, she just felt a weird sense that it didn't come from his imagination. It was the only drawing of his that wasn't clear from a certain fairy-tale, but it still looked like it belonged with the rest. Creepy, right.

But she had more important stuff to think about. ^Or did she? Yes, she did. But what? Home.^

She would be lying if she said everything was alright at home. Even though she had been different from her sisters for a long time, it was really starting to bother her. She was a twelve-year-old girl and the only friends she had were her books. Her murder mysteries. She was always reading them and listening to music. Her second-best friend, music. She loved her music, it shut the entire world out. Her sisters, her parents, school, and life.

Bree had always been a person to take things for what they were, but life was different. Her parents were fighting half the time, her sisters were always getting into trouble at school, and she was the oddball, which meant that she was practically invisible. Not that she didn't like being ignored, she loved it. She got to be by herself all the time. But, she wasn't loved. her parents never even acknowledged her in the slightest, and sisters all slept in late and went to after-school sports.

So there Bree was, walking into middle school with a blank expression on(along with a beanie and earbuds) and strolled to her locker. Sometimes she was glad she didn't have friends, no one to wait on or make mad. She never liked fights. They never ended well.

Bree walked into her English classroom, the first one, as usual. She strolled over to her teacher's desk where Ms. York gave her a curt nod before continuing on graded papers. Bree took a stack of short stories from her desk. Yes, they were Conner Bailey's short stories.

Bree sat down and started to read them. She read them both and sat back in her chair. She had no idea his stories were like this.

His story, 'The Curvy Tree' was exactly what she needed to hear at the moment. It was beautiful. It spoke to her. It told her in her depressing state that even her being different from all the other kids was good. And his story, 'The Walking Fish', told her that she shouldn't wish to change herself to one of the other regular kids. Bree was Bree, and that was all she needed to be. She was perfect just the way she was. She didn't need to be pretty or fashionable, she was fine being her. That went deep.

She had no idea that a boy who draws frog/men could be so good at writing. It was unexpected. She now had a newfound respect for Conner. He was a good writer, and she was a good writer, both very different in many ways. But yet, still very similar.

___

~~~~~ (*****^-^*****) ~~~~~

___

THANKS FOR READING!!!
BYE BOOK-HUGGERS!!!
TLOSGEEK2-OUT!!!