The Land of Stories

___

~~~~~ (*****^-^*****) ~~~~~

___

Bree was spinning through a world of light.  It was so bright she almost didn't open her eyes.  The few times she did open them, she saw Conner or Emmerich zoom past her through the world of light.  She tried to speak but she couldn't hear her own voice.  Since she knew that they were traveling to the Land of Stories, she was confident that they wouldn't die in the space between dimensions, but she still worried. 

^ What was poor Emmerich thinking? The boy didn't even know about the fairytale world, adn there he was, swept into it after Conner and Bree.  What were they going to tell him after they got there? If they even got there at all.  It was taking a long time to get there.^

Bree saw a flash and felt something brush by her as if she was falling through a curtain.  The next thing she knew, she was lying on her back looking up at her eyelids.  She heard a thud next to her that could have been Conner or Emmerich. 

She heard something rustle next to her and opened her eyes.   She looked up to see a hazy night sky staring down at her.  She started to look around the place and realized she was very discombobulated. As she looked around her eyes met Conner's. 

"Well now we know the portal is definitely open," Conner said.  

Bree pulled herself into a seated position and sighed. Her head really hurt from traveling here. "Is it always this rough getting here?" she asked. 

"No," he said.  "I don't know why that was so tough."

Bree looked over to Emmerich, who looked even more discombobulated, he could barely speak, let alone sit up. 

"I don't think we're in Hohenschwangau anymore," he said, and his head bobbed up and down.

Conner got to his feet and looked around the forest surrounding them. 

Bree got to her feet, too.  "So this is it, huh?" she asked. 

"A part of it," Conner said.  "Although I'm not sure where."

Bree heard something behind her and turned around to see Emmerich struggling to get up. Conner and Bree dragged him to a tree and propped him against the trunk of it. 

"Will one of you please tell me where I am?" Emmerich asked.  "And what happened in Neuschwanstein?"

"I told you it would be cooler than being secret agents," Bree said playfully.

"We're in the fairytale world, bud," Conner said.  "We accessed the portal that was hidden inside Neuschwanstein."

Emmerich looked around the forest with huge eyes. "The fairytale world?" he asked incredulously. "As in Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel-"

"They're all here," Conner said.   "My grandma and sister live here, too.  The portal between worlds has been closed for a while but a friend of mine asked me to check and see if it had been re-opened- and here we are."

Emmerich looked stunned. "Why did your friend ask you to check it?" he asked.

"To make sure some bad people couldn't get in," Conner said. 

Bree turned her head and looked at the forest around them.  "Speaking of, if we got through the portal into the fairytale world, doesn't that mean the French-"

Bright lights abruptly flashed all around them. With each flash, something extremely heavy appeared in midair and crashed to the ground. Bree screamed at the same time that she realized that most of the 'objects' were humans. Conner whipped his head around them, looking for something.