Prologue

Emma

It's been a week since Ethan and I got back together.

We hung out almost all day on Saturday until he had to go pick Tenley up from Grayson's.

I have yet to meet her.

Ethan is really excited about me meeting her, and I am too. I'm a little bit nervous because you can never predict how a kid is going to react to their parent dating someone.

Ethan reassured me that Tenley already knows the story of us falling in love six years ago, and that she really wants to meet the girl he loved back then. The one he loves now.

So, tomorrow, which is Wednesday, Ethan is gonna make us dinner at his house, and I'm going to finally meet his little girl.

-
Ethan's POV
Tuesday

"Thank you for watching her, mom. I appreciate it."

"Oh, Ethan. You know I love having her. She drew me a beautiful picture of a flower. It's on the fridge, huh, Tenley?"

"Yeah! Come look, Daddy!" Tenley said, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards my mom's kitchen.

I picked her up and admired the scribbly picture my daughter drew.

"Wow, Lee. That's beautiful." I said. She smiled and put her head on my shoulder.

"Thanks, Daddy."

I put her down, fixing her backpack strap that was falling onto her lower arm.

"Go say goodbye to grandma and grandpa, okay?"

"Okay." She said. She gave my mom and dad hugs before I thanked them for having her and Tenley and I got in the car.

"I have a surprise for you, Lee."

"What is it?"

"Remember all of the stories I told you about a girl that I used to love?"

"Yeah."

"Guess what?"

"What, daddy?"

"She came back."

"Yay! Now she can watch princess movies with us!"

"She's gonna eat dinner with us tomorrow night. Is that okay?"

"I'm so excited!"

"Me too. She can't wait to meet you, babe."

"What's her name?"

"I can finally tell you. Her name is Emma."

"I like that name. It's pretty."

"Me too. I think you're really gonna like Emma. I know she's gonna love you."

Tenley giggled. "I can't wait."