Chapter Seventeen

Emma's POV

It was late when Ethan and I finally went back inside.

That day was one of my favorite days I've ever spent with Ethan.

Our tattoos were one of the most meaningful things we've done together, and the rest of the day was special for us.

The way we sat by the lake and talked for hours was so personal and so memorable to us.

One of my favorite things was to sit down and just have super deep talks with him.

Now a days it's so easy to get lost in your phone, or to lose touch with the real world because you're too invested in technology.

But Ethan and I always made sure that our phones were put away while we were together.

It enabled us to actually experience things together, and it allowed us to be able to spend real old-fashioned quality time together.

I loved that about him and I.

The only time we were on our phones was to check on Tenley.

After we went inside, Ethan and I decided to have a movie night.

We made popcorn, and then we went to the living room to sit down. Ethan wrapped his arm around my waist, and I put my hand on top of his.

He rested the bowl of popcorn on his leg.

We settled for watching Cheaper by the Dozen, and Ethan joked that we're gonna have twelve children.

"We are not having twelve kids."

"We'll see about that."

"Ethan, I am not pushing eleven babies out of my body. No way."

"How many did we talk about having before? I know we talked about it."

"Three or four. Which means two or three more. Tenley counts as the first."

"True. I think we should have two more."

"Someday." I said. We finished the bowl of popcorn, so Ethan moved it, and I curled my feet up so that we could cuddle more.

His hand traveled to my ass and stayed there. He claimed he was guarding it, even though nobody else was here.

He's always been a goofball like that.

Every once in a while, he would glance at me and smile, but he had a tad bit of mischief going on in his face.

"What are you scheming about over there?" I asked, smiling back at him.

"Nothing." He said, still smiling at me.

"Why are you giving me that look?" I asked, chuckling at him.

He didn't say anything, but instead he gave my cheek a long peck, and then he nuzzled his nose into my neck. "You smell good." he said, pressing soft kisses onto my skin.

I put my hand in the back of his hair and started to massage his scalp.

"Thanks, babe."

He stopped kissing my neck, and he smiled at me before taking my chin and leaning my head towards his.

Then he gave me a long peck on the lips.

"I'm obsessed with you, my lover." He said. I pecked his lips.

"You have no idea how alive you make me feel, E."

"Wanna like, maybe make out with me or something?"

I moved so I was straddling his lap, and I wrapped my arms around his shoulders as his arms closed around my waist.

"I'm still a teenager when I'm with you." I said, pressing my lips to his.

He squeezed my ass with his hands, making me laugh into the kiss.

"We are teenagers." He said.

"Ethan, I'm about to turn twenty-five, and you're about to be twenty-six. I'm not sure we're teenagers."

"I feel like we're always gonna be teenagers around each other." He whispered, then pressing his lips to mine.

I smiled into the kiss, making him smile into it as well.

He turned us so that I was laying on the couch, and he was laying partly on top of me while our lips moved slowly in sync.

Ethan slipped his tongue into my mouth, making me hum into the kiss, and he let out a little groan before he flipped us again so that I was laying on top of him—he didn't want to crush me.

His hands traveled up and down my back, and into my hair as we continued to make out, and I began to trail kisses down his jaw and neck.

"Yeah, I definitely feel like I'm 18 again." He said.

I giggled as my teeth grazed his skin.

"We're always gonna be 18 when we're together, aren't we?" I asked.

"I'm definitely always gonna feel like this when I'm with you, baby. Even when we're super old and pruny."

I bursted out in laughter. "Pruny?"

"Don't all old people get pruny?"

"No. We're gonna age like fine wine." I said, kissing his lips again.

"We're gonna keep each other young forever."

"I say hell yeah to that."

"Hell yeah, baby baby." He said, pecking my lips again.

"Come on. It's late." I said, getting up from the couch. The movie had been over for over half an hour, and it was going on 12:30.

He got up, before scooping me up bridal style and carrying me up the stairs.

"Ethan, you know you didn't have to do that." I said as he laid me down on our bed.

"I know I didn't have to. I wanted to." He replied, taking his shirt off and throwing it at me.

I changed into it, and put some shorts on before I brushed my teeth and climbed into bed.

Ethan our some new shorts on and also brushed his teeth before climbing in next to me.

He pulled me into his arms before he softly pressed his warm lips to mine.

I stroked my thumb on his cheek while I melted into our kiss, and he tightened his grip around me.

"Emma, I love loving you."

"I love loving you too, Ethan. You know, you make it so easy to be with you. I love the way we love life like this together. I love us."

"I love us too, baby. Goodnight. I love you." He said.

I nuzzled into his chest as his arm traveled up and down my back, starting to soothe me to sleep.

"I love you too. Goodnight."

-
Ethan's POV

She has no idea I'm proposing to her next month.