Chapter Twenty Four

One month later
Emma's POV

Ethan, his parents, and my mom helped me move into Ethan's house pretty quickly.

We were able to sell everything I didn't need, and my house was sold within 24 hours of it going on a real estate site.

It took me a week to get everything settled, so I've been officially living with Ethan and Tenley for three weeks now.

Let me just say that it's my favorite thing ever to fall asleep and wake up next to Ethan every day.

And sometimes Tenley too.

She was slowly starting to grow out of waking up in the middle of the night and coming in our room to lay with us, but I still enjoyed it when I woke up and she was cuddled in between Ethan and I.

Anyway, today was Thursday, so after work I went home, and Ethan and I dropped Tenley off at Grayson's house.

Ethan and I drove downtown to one of our favorite bars, and they had a live band performing that night.

We parked the car in a nearby parking garage, and then we walked hand in hand down the street to the bar.

Once we had a table (which was luckily by the bar), Ethan got up to get us drinks.

He came back with a beer for him, and a cosmo for me.

"Here you go, m'lady." Ethan said as he sat down next to me.

I smiled at him while sipping my drink, and he put his hand on my thigh, squeezing it in acknowledgment.

We sat there and talked through our first drink, and then he took my hand and led me to the dance floor.

Once Ethan and I made it to the dance floor, he pulled me close and wrapped his arms around my waist, and I put mine around his shoulders.

The love band was an 80's cover band, so all of the classic 80's rock songs were played, and Ethan and I had a blast dancing together.

After that, we had two more drinks before the Tesla drove us home, and then we played card games in the sunroom for a while.

We ended up making some vegan mac and cheese, and then we sat at the table to eat it.

"Hey, Emma. Your birthday is two weeks from now." Ethan said, smiling at me.

I ate a piece of my mac and cheese and smiled.

"Yeah."

"Guess where we're going for that weekend?" He asked.

"Where?"

"We are flying to Napa Valley, California."

"What? No way!" I said, smiling at him.

"I got the plane tickets and the hotel booked. We fly in to Oakland, and then we'll go an hour north to our hotel in Napa Valley. I already called your office and got Thursday off for you, and I let my boss know. We'll get there Thursday Night, and leave Sunday afternoon. It'll be so much fun."

"That's my birthday present?"

"It's the start." He said, smirking at me.

I got up from my chair and walked over to him, straddling his lap and kissing him on the lips.

"Thanks, babe. I love you." I said.

"I love you too, honey." He responded.

I kissed him on the cheek, and he started tracing his finger up and down my spine.

"I can't believe you're taking me to California for a weekend."

"Hey, I gotta do something special for my lady's twenty-fifth birthday." He responded, smiling as he pecked my lips.

"Napa Valley is one of the places I haven't been to yet. I'm so excited."

"We get to go to some wine tastings, and walk through the vineyards, see the sights. It's supposed to be beautiful there."

"My old roommate Alana told me a little bit about it. She grew up close to Napa Valley." I said.

"We're gonna have such a fun little weekend getaway. Just you and I." He whispered.

I softly pecked his lips before he stood up with my legs still wrapped around his waist.

He carried me upstairs and to our bed before he put me down, and then climbed up so that he was hovering over me.

He attached his lips to mine as our clothes started to slowly come off one by one, and before we knew it, he was already slipping inside of me.

"Mmm Ethan." I hummed as he sipped his head to my neck while he started moving himself in and out.

He started to speed up a little before he asked me if it felt good.

"So good, Ethan." I responded. He was starting to get even faster, and then he was pounding into me at a good speed.

"Fuck, Emma. You feel so good." He whispered against my ear.

He pulled out and plunged back in, going deeper than before and making me scream for him as he continued to fuck the same angle.

It's a good thing we were home alone.

"Right there." I managed to gasp out as he hit all of the right spots.

It didn't take me long for the pleasure to send me over the edge before my walls were clenching around him as I screamed his name.

He followed suit about a minute later, and pulled out before collapsing next to me.

"So good every time." I said as we still were trying to catch our breaths.

"Damn right." He said, pulling me closer and kissing my lips.

My hand traveled up his chest and back to the back of his head as our lips moved slowly in sync, and Ethan tightened his grip on me as he pulled his mouth away from mine.

"I love you, Emma."

"I love you too." I responded, kissing his warm lips again.

He buried his face in my neck before peppering me with kisses all over my jaw and chest as well.

Ethan pulled me so that I was playing partly on top of him, and our lips reattached.

His hand was tracing up and down my spine, making me tired, and I eventually fell asleep with my head in the crook of his neck, and his arms secured around my back.

I love the way he loves me. The way I love him. The way we love each other.

There's no doubt that our love for each other is unconditional, and I know for a fact that he has always been the one for me.