Chapter Seven

Emma's POV
Friday

Ethan was making dinner while Tenley and I were hanging out in the living room.

She was showing me some of her favorite things she's learned at dance class.

It was adorable.

One thing about Ethan's house was that the living room and dining room/kitchen were open to each other, so Ethan was watching Tenley spin around the living room while he was cooking, and he was praising her for doing a great job.

I was cheering her on too, and she looked so happy as she was showing off her new moves.

She loves dance.

Ethan called us to the dining room to eat dinner, so I got up from the couch and gestured for Tenley to follow me.

"Come on, Ten."

Ten was my nickname for her. Most people called her Lee, but Ten was my special name for her, and she loved it.

She ran ahead of me to the dining room and sat in her spot at the table.

Ethan served us homemade vegan pizza. It was amazing.

"I have a surprise for both of you." Ethan said as he sat down. "We are going to the lake house tonight."

Ethan's parents had recently bought a lake house on Lake Michigan, and Ethan scored it for the weekend.

We were eating an early dinner. It was only 5 o'clock.

"Yay! We can go swimming!" Tenley exclaimed.

"Yeah, honey. We can." Ethan said.

"Awesome!" I replied.

"Emma, I already packed your swimsuit into your bag, so you're all set, and Tenley, I already packed your bag into the car. We'll leave once we're done eating."

"Thank you, Ethan."

"Thanks, Daddy!" Tenley said.

"You're welcome, girls."

-

"Mysterious as the dark side of the moon!" We all sang along in the car to 'I'll Make a Man Out Of You' from Mulan as we drove to the lake house.

Over the last month of being back together with Ethan and hanging out with Tenley, we've listened to a lot of Disney songs in the car.

Tenley loves Disney as much as Ethan does.

We continued to sing along to the soundtrack full of random Disney songs, and around 7 o'clock, we reached the lake house.

We got out of the car and Ethan grabbed all of our bags as Tenley ran up the porch to the front door.

Ethan tossed me the key to the house, so I went up the porch steps and unlocked it, letting Tenley go in front of me as we stepped inside.

I found the light switch and turned it on, and Tenley looked at me with her jaw dropped.

"Woah!" We both said at the same time.

She ran down the two steps into the living room and plopped herself down on the couch.

"This couch is so soft."