Chapter Ten

Emma's POV
The next day

I woke up and headed off to work, texting Ethan good morning on my way out the door.

Emma: good morning :))))
Ethan: that's a lot of double chins 😎
Emma: pfffftttt
Ethan: have a good day at work 🥰
Emma: thank you. I'll see you later for dinner. Have a good day with Tennygirl
Ethan: she says good morning
Emma: give her a hug from me, okay?
Ethan: I sure will ❤️

-

Later I was in my office at StarBound when one of my co-workers Alicia knocked on my door.

"Hey, Emma. You have a couple of visitors."

"Okay. They can come in."

"Surprise, surprise!" Ethan said, walking in with Tenley. They brought me lunch.

Tenley came running towards me, and I scooped her up so that she was sitting on my lap, and I gave her a hug.

"Hey, guys!"

"We thought you might be hungry, so we brought you some soup." Ethan said.

"Thank you, thank you."

"Is this your job?" Tenley asked.

"Yes it is. I get to look through resumés all day, and find new talent for the agency. I also find jobs for kids that are already clients here." I explained to her.

"What's a resumé?" She asked.

"It's a paper that tells me what experience people have, and so I know what kind of jobs to look for for them. If I made you a resumé, I would put that you take dance lessons."

"Ohhhhh. I get it."

"Come on, Tenny. We should let Emma work."

"Thank you for bringing me lunch." I said as Ethan came over to hug me goodbye.

"You're welcome, honey. I love you. We'll see you later, okay?" He asked, pecking my lips.

"Okay. Love you too."

"Love you!" Tenley said, giving me another hug.

I rubbed her back as she put her head against my shoulder.

"Love you too, sweetie."

"Come on, Ten. Let's go."

She climbed off of my lap and waved goodbye with a smile, and Ethan blew me a kiss goodbye.

I pretended to catch it, and waved goodbye as they left.

I started reading over another resumé when my co-worker Alicia came back in.

I was still smiling.

"That was them?" She asked. I had told her all about Tenley and Ethan in the last few weeks.

"It sure was."

"I can see it. They seem like a good fit for you."

"They really are. She's the most precious little girl in the world, and he treats me so well."

"You seem really happy."

"I am. I just know this is where I'm supposed to be."

"You got it, girl." She said, walking out.

-

"Hello, hello!" I said as I stepped into Ethan's house. I brought vegan sub sandwiches for dinner.