Chapter Twenty Five

Emma's POV
Two Weeks Later (Thursday)

"Are we ready, babe?" Ethan asked as I took my suitcase to the living room.

"Yup. Let's go." I responded.

We had to take Tenley to Lisa and Sean's house, and then Grayson was gonna take us to the airport from there.

Ethan and I loaded our suitcases into the car, along with everything Tenley needed for a weekend at Ethan's parents' house. Once we were all set, Ethan helped Tenley get buckled in her seat, and then we were off to Lisa and Sean's.

We arrived a few minutes later, and we all went inside to say hello.

"Hey, guys! Are you guys excited for Napa Valley?" Lisa asked.

"I'm so excited. I heard that the Chardonnay there is to die for." I said. Ethan laughed and put his hand on the small of my back.

"Thanks for taking Lee this weekend." He said, walking over to Lisa and giving her a hug.

"No problem, E." She responded.

Sean patted him on his back, and then Ethan walked back towards Tenley and I.

"Be good, Lee. Okay?" He asked her, kissing her on the forehead. She gave him a hug, and he lifted her up.

"Okay."

I played with her hair and joined them for a group hug.

"We'll miss you, Ten."

"I'll miss you too, mommy."

Ethan put her down before she came to me and gave me another hug.

"Bye, sweets."

"Bye." She said.

Ethan and I waved to Lisa and Sean before we walked outside, where Grayson was waiting for us in his car.

The twins loaded our suitcases into Grayson's car before we headed off to the airport.

After about a half hour we reached the airport, and Grayson dropped us off with a smile and a wave before Ethan and I checked our luggage.

We got through security, and it wasn't long until we were boarding the plane.

Once we sat down, we both put our carryons on the floor in front of us.

Ethan smiled at me and placed his hand on my thigh before he leaned his head on my shoulder.

"Happy Birthday weekend, babe." He said.

I ruffled his hair before I kissed the top of his head.

"Thank you."

He lifted his head back up and winked at me before smiling again.

"I love you." He said, softly pecking my lips.

"I love you too, babe."

He put his arm around me and pulled my head to his chest while he played with my hair.

It was a six hour flight, so we both decided to take a nap.

We were scheduled to arrive in Cali around 7 o'clock Chicago time, which is 5 o'clock California time.

-

We finally made it to Oakland, California, and then we rented a car and drove up to Napa Valley.

The whole hour drive, Ethan had his hand laced with mine, and we were singing along to some of our favorite music. It was really fun.

Once we made it to our hotel (which was a beautiful place within the vineyards), Ethan and I put our luggage in our room and went back outside, where across the parking lot was the winery.