Chapter Twenty

Ethan's POV

After Emma and I went upstairs for the night, we changed into some comfy clothes, and brushed our teeth.

I was going to the bathroom when she brushed her teeth, so she climbed into bed while I was brushing mine.

"Your birthday's coming up, babe." I mumbled, my mouth being full of toothpaste.

"Don't worry. I don't really want anything."

I walked over to the sink and spit the toothpaste out before I rinsed and walked over to Emma.

I put my hands on both sides of her face, and turned her to look at me.

"It's your big two-five! We have to do something special."

"As long as it's with you, I'll be okay with whatever we do."

I gave her a long peck on the lips before answering.

"Good. I already have something planned." I said, smiling at her.

She smiled before bringing her lips back to mine.

"I highly doubt you already have something planned." She said, smirking at me. "It's the beginning of July, and my birthday isn't until the end of August."

She knows me too well. I don't have it 100% planned, but I do know that I'm proposing to her for her birthday.

"You'll have to wait and see what I have planned." I said, kissing her lips again.

She hummed into the kiss before pulling away.

"Or what you're going to be planning." She teased.

I crawled onto the bed, and she leaned back until she was laying down, and I flipped us so that she was laying on top of me.

"Shhhhh." I said before reattaching my lips to hers. "Just make out with me. I missed you." I whispered against her lips.

She obliged, moving her mouth slowly against mine, and I slipped my tongue into her mouth.

She let out a low groan as her body started to move against mine.

I sat up a little so that she could wrap her legs around me, and I scooted up towards the headboard so that I could sit against it.

She looked at me and smiled before she started to trail kisses down my neck.

I had one hand on the small of her back, and my other hand went into the back of her hair as she left kisses all over my neck, jaw, and chest.

"You don't know how much I've been needing this." She said against my skin.

My hand traveled up and down her spine as she continued to lick and suck all over my bare skin.

I tugged on her shirt, and she raised her arms so that I could lift it over her head.

She started to pull my sweatpants away, and then her shorts, and we were both left in our underwear.

She kissed my lips as I unclasped her bra, and she threw it to the floor.

I tightened my grip around her as she started palming me through my shorts, and a minute later, she was rolling a condom onto my length, and sinking down onto it with a sigh of contentment.

She held onto my shoulders as our hips started rolling together, and our breathing collectively got heavier as we kept going.

Emma leaned her forehead against my neck as my hands roamed her body and hair. She was letting out small whimpers against my skin as she started to reach her high.

She buried her face into my neck as she muffled one last moan into my skin, and her walls clenched around me in release.

I kissed her lips as I thrusted up into her, finishing a few seconds after her, and both of us slowing down to a stop.

She pressed her forehead onto mine, while looking down at my tattoo and tracing it with her finger.

"You're my safe place, Ethan." She whispered.

I softly pressed my lips to hers. "Listen, I know you're stressed right now. I'm always here for you, and I'm so proud of you for working so hard this week. You only have one more day of audition week, and then we're gonna have a fun and lazy weekend, okay?"

"Okay. I love you so much, babe." She said, pressing her lips to mine.

"I love you too, honey." I said against her lips.

She pecked mine again before climbing off of me and laying down next to me.

"I gotta get up at six tomorrow." She groaned as she pulled her shorts on.

Luckily it was only around 9:30 when we were in bed for the night, so now it was 10.

"You'll get eight hours of sleep. Perfect." I said as I put my sweatpants back on, and threw her one of my shirts.

She slid it over her head before she laid her head on my chest.

"Thank you for helping me relax a little bit, babe."

I kissed her forehead. "I'm doing my best to take care of my girls."

"You're doing an amazing job, by the way."

"Thanks, honey." I said, playing with her hair.

"Goodnight, love. I love love love you."

"I triple love you too, baby. Goodnight." I said, tightening my grip around her and turning the lamp off.

-
The next morning

While Emma was in the shower, I made breakfast, and I got Tenley ready for the day.

I even made Emma some homemade iced coffee with oat milk.

When she came downstairs ready for work, she was really grateful to see that coffee and breakfast burritos were waiting for her.

She sat down with Tenley and I and quickly ate breakfast before she had to leave, giving Tenley a hug and a kiss on the top of her head, and me a hug and a peck on the lips on her way out the door.

I drove Tenley to my mom's house like I usually do on Thursday's, and I drove into the city.

What you didn't know, is that I didn't have to work today.

I had something much more important to do.

That included going to the best jewelry store in all of Chicago, and asking which engagement ring I should buy for my girlfriend.