Chapter Twelve

Emma's POV
The Next Morning

Ethan has to be at work earlier than I had to be at mine, so I got to spend some extra time with Tenleygirl.

Ethan had already left, so I made Tenley some pancakes, and I sat down next to her at the table as I drank my coffee.

"Did you sleep good last night?" I asked.

"Yeah. I had a dream about Disney."

"That sounds like a fun dream."

She giggled. "Yeah."

"You know, you and I get to hang out tomorrow."

"Yay!"

"and you get to go to grandma and grandpa's today, and have a fun day with them."

She giggled. "Yeah."

"And guess who's picking you up?" I said.

"Ummmmmm you."

"Yeah! I get to pick you up. And we can come home and start dinner before your daddy gets home."

She nodded her head while eating her last bite of food.

"Come on. Let's go do your hair and brush our teeth, okay?"

"Okay." She said, getting up from her chair.

We went upstairs and both brushed our teeth before I put her hair into French braids for her.

I usually do her hair up now a days because it's summer, and that way it won't stick to her neck or face, and it helps keep her cool.

I grabbed the bag we had packed for her for the day, and my purse on the way out the door.

I helped her get buckled into her car seat in my car, and then we drove off to Ethan's parents' house.

Once we arrived there, she ran off into the living room to find her toys, and I was in the kitchen with Lisa.

"Thanks for keeping her today."

"Oh, it's no problem. We have a lot of fun together."

"Ethan works later than I do today, so I'll be picking her up later today."

"Perfect. You know, Emma, you're really good to her."

"She means the world to me, Lisa."

"I know. I can tell. I'm really glad that Ethan and Tenley have you."

I smiled. "They're my people."

Lisa nodded, and we walked to the living room, so I could say goodbye to Tenley. She was already busy with some Barbie dolls.

I kneeled down next to her.

"Bye, sweetie. Be good, okay?"

She nodded her head and gave me a hug.

"Bye mommy."

"See you later, sweets." I said.

I stood up and waved to Lisa before I walked towards the door and headed back to my car, then driving to work.